Friday, November 11, 2016

A birth story - Part 1


October 9, 2016

Greg and I headed early in the morning to pick up my Dad, Mom and Grandmother from the airport. They had come all the way from Mexico to stay here in Minnesota for a week, with the hope of meeting their newest Grandson/Great-grandson. I was slightly worried his birth was going to be delayed by a week or two and they weren’t going to be able to be here for the birth and meet my baby.

It was my first child, after-all, and don’t they say the first one is always late? Or so I’ve heard.

I wasn’t feeling any contractions (besides Braxton-hicks – false, non-painful contractions) and was feeling great, normal! I had absolutely no signs or symptoms of impending labor.

No contractions, no discharge, no gush of amniotic fluid (water break). Nothing.   

That night, I asked God, if it was His will, to allow my parents and grandmother to witness the birth.

My estimated due date was only three days away.

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart..." Jeremiah 1:5 

Part 2 coming up soon!
I wanted to do this all in one post, but it was too much and I wanted to slowly remember every detail (don't worry, no graphic details/pictures) - I hope you enjoy!

Love,
Gabby

10 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing the story with us Gabby! Looking forward to part 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I had to! ;-) Thank you so much for reading. I look forward to remembering more - not that I would like to remember some details, haha. But in all seriousness, I haven't had time to just sit and process it all!

      Delete
  2. Love the hand pic. Looking forward to Part 2. Trust all is going well for you et al. Blessings always, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lovely!! =D Can't wait for part two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to Part Two, Gabby! Keeping you, your husband and son in my prayers! (Congrats!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Colleen! :-) Congrats again to you, too!

      Delete
  5. awwww congratulations! Im so happy for you two and so happy all went well! God bless you and your little family <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Faith! Yeah, I am so relieved it went well. ;-) It was a little crazy, but we got out of it ok!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!