Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Home (Mexico) for the Holidays.

Hi everyone! I've been such a bad blogger these past few months. A lot has happened, but I've documented little. I've made it my "New Year's Resolution" to take more pictures and blog a little more...hopefully! ;-)

Well, Greg and I had the opportunity to go to home (AKA my parent's house) for Christmas and New Years. It was so much fun! I hadn't seen my family in a long time, so I was quite excited to spend time with them.

Allow me to tell you (in pictures) about our trip.

Christmas Day 
(we were also there for Christmas Eve...but I forgot my camera at home)

Hoverboard-ing in our half paved, half dirt road.


Christmas tree decorated by my Dad. Isn't it gorgeous? He always does a really good job.


Dad (or Papi/Daddy to me).



We grilled outside. The weather was delicious. I mean, I was wearing short sleeves!


Family. There were a lot more people there, but not everyone had arrived yet.


We had SO much fun together. I took a lot more pictures, but I don't want to overwhelm you just yet! ;-) 

Two days later was Mia's 11th birthday. Mia is the second youngest cousin in my family. She gets just a little bit spoiled by us. Anywho, we celebrated at my Grandma's (where she and her family were staying - they live six hours away). We also used balloons and birthday decor we already had. Since they were leaving early afternoon back to their town, we decided to have a "PJ brunch" at 11 AM. Haha! 

Oh, and it snowed that day. In my town. In Mexico. Don't you remember I was wearing short sleeves two days ago? The last time it snowed in my town was when I was in high school...so yeah, a long time ago. 



I love this next shot. Because I love my Grandma's big, old table and how it has gathered family here, like this, for years. 



A day later, we also gathered to play "Loteria". We played approximately 5 cents a card and three jackpots (approximately 25 cents per player at certain times). I didn't win anything, but my Mom won the three jackpots! 

Oh, and since we didn't have enough chips for everyone, we played with garbanzo beans (chickpeas). Haha! They worked, but they were difficult to see - making it difficult to figure out if you won or not!



On December 31st, our family gathered at my parent's house (again). My sister, her husband, and a lot more of the extended family were able to join us this day! We had a crowded house for sure!










Thank you for looking through! I hope you have an awesome 2016.

I've definitely missed blogging. I'll be back soon!

P.S. Do you have a "word" or a bible verse (to live by) for this new year? I would love to know! I was thinking about a specific word, but none came to mind/life. However, the Lord has been teaching me a lot about His power through my weakness, lately. So yeah, 2 Corinthians 12:9 it is! I may or may not have randomly blogged about it one day (past post). ;-)

Love,
Gabby



11 comments:

  1. the pictures are lovely! my best friend actually just returned from Mexico as well!

    I hope you had a great time! merry Christmas and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faith! Thank you! Being home was so fun. Happy new year to you, too. :-) God bless you.

      Delete
  2. Sooo happy you are back heheee and so glad you got the chance to visit your family. I can see you had great fun with Greg and your family.

    Wishing you a wonderful New Year!!! Liuba x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I am so happy, too! I am hoping I can keep this up. ;-) Happy new year to you (and baby)!

      Delete
  3. Such fun, family photos! It looks like you had a marvelous time!

    My selected verse to live by for this year is "Be still, and know that I am with you". Although I am not particularly nervous about labor & birth (yet), I know that when the time comes this scripture will help to get me through; as I know that greater joy will come after the pain. <3 I'm sure this scripture will satisfy my soul throughout my journey of motherhood as well. We can always find comfort in life's changes through Him who gives us the strength to do so. :)

    God Bless & Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so true! It's so comforting to know! :-) May God keep blessing you in every step of the way. Thank you for sharing. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  4. Hey, my #4 son and his wife were in Mexico over Christmas, too, at her folks.' :)

    That's one of my 2016 resolutions as well---to blog more regularly.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I didn't know you had new-ish relatives in Mexico! ;-) I hope they had a grand time! My husband already wants to go back for some more of my mom's cooking. Haha! Happy New Year to you, too!

      Delete
  5. Aw! You + your family are so cute, loved seeing these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We try. ;-) Haha, jk! Thank you for commenting, Abbey!

      Delete
  6. Looks like so much fun to spend time with your family! Enjoyed all the family photos! And your husband has a beard now?! He looks different! My dad wears a beard all the time; my brother goes with a mustache. How awesome that you could wear short sleeves outside! I am really looking forward to seeing that day come here! Crazy that it snowed the next day though. In any case, great post! Awesome to catch up with you again!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!