Tuesday, November 17, 2015

There is always something to be thankful for. 11.0

Two Harbors, Minnesota.
     It’s thankful-for-everything-season, and to be honest, I am not feeling really thankful. I mean, I am, it’s just really, really difficult.

      I don’t want to share about this yet, but Greg and I have been through some tough times in the last four (?) months. Greg has had to remind me of the character and goodness of our Lord over and over again.

     I was on Pinterest the other day and I saw a pin with a graphic that said, “And if not, He is still good”. Also, the lyrics from the song “Who You Are” by JJ Heller popped in my head – “I don’t know what you are doing, but I know who you are”. Did I believe that? Did I believe that He was still good? Did I believe in His character?

     Ugh. YES, LORD. I DO. I DO TRUST YOU.

     Well, I believe it’s time to end my un-thankful pity party. So, here goes something. 

1.  I am thankful for my husband. Seriously. God knew what He was doing when He gave us the gift of marriage. Greg has been holding up the fort for us. He is constantly pointing me to Christ.

2. For children. I work with children for most of the day, most days. Children are really a blessing. It’s an honor to take care of them (as a nurse) and to teach them (as a faith formation teacher).

3. My faith. I’ve been learning so much about Christianity (in general and also specific to Catholicism) lately. Tradition is awesome – and so difficult to understand. But that is another story.

4. My church! Remember that limbo stage Greg and I were in? We kept going from church to church, back and forth for a year and a half. I think we finally clicked in a community and found our home. The pastor/priest is awesome. Last Sunday, he talked and encouraged us to have personal relationships with Jesus. Wait, what? He said the PRWJ phrase. In a Catholic church! ;-) No, but really, he is on fire for Christ. And he is funny, too, which helps. ;-)

5.  My family. Family really is everything. Enough said. Also, not to brag, but I do have the best sister in the world. And she has the best sister in the world, too. ;-)

6. Traveling. We had the opportunity to travel “up north”, Minnesota, twice in like…a month. We celebrated our anniversary, did some of our favorite things (like hiking) and attended a wedding. It was a great get-away! I’ll be sharing pictures soon.

7.  A last, nice weekend before the snow and never-ending, gray days come. We went on a motorcycle ride. It was so fun (and so scary because I am a nurse, and well, I see stuff, you know?).

8.  Instagrammers. This one is kind of weird, but I do love Instagram and all the lovely posts from fellow Instagrammers (some of them, of course). Some of the posts are very uplifting. I also love looking through other people’s pictures, in general.

9.  My husband and I being able to take Christmas off to go visit my side of the family (God-willing)! I am very excited to see my family. Greg is excited about my Mom’s food.

      10.    Answered prayers…like that 100 dollar riding lawnmower we bought. Many thanks to my sister’s husband for finding it for us! We were about to invest in an over 1000 dollar one because we needed one, and then, bam, here comes a used one in very good shape. I've had many other answered prayers, of course, but this one was just awesome. 

I hope you are having a very nice week! He is good. He is so very good.
In everything, give thanks.

What are you thankful for?

Love,
Gabby

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you have been having tough times, but your list of things to be thankful for is wonderful. The $100 riding lawnmower sounds like such a good deal! That is amazing! I hope you have a great time with your family over the holidays! Like you, I'm thankful for my family and the love of God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bethany (I am tempted to call you Beth, haha!). I am still amazed at the deal we got. ;-) Happy holidays to you, too!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!