Monday, August 17, 2015

Girls weekend in Nisswa, Minnesota.

A few weekends ago, my sister-in-law invited me and two other girls (her friend and my other sister-in-law), to Nisswa, Minnesota, for a "girls weekend" (they also called it "mom's weekend", but I was the only one in the group who wasn't a mom). We stayed in a cabin at the beautiful Grand View Lodge.

Here are some pictures I took with my neglected camera. ;-)

First, some cabin decor.





Right outside our cabin.


More cabin decor.



Main lobby.




We saw quite a few weddings taking place down the stairs, with the view to the main cabin/lobby. Imagine the bride and groom walking down the "aisle" and the guests seated on the lawn area. So beautiful!






More cabins. I felt like I was at camp! ;-)


The next two pictures are c/o my sister-in-law. The lodge had a ton of [free] activities for the guests. We rode a banana boat and paddle boarded! It was so, so fun. Some older (think 60's) ladies rode the banana boat with us. It was hilarious. One lady mentioned we were them 40 years ago. ;-) Another lady pushed her friend off the banana boat!


And last, a picture of us four girls. 


Thank you for looking through the pictures! If you ever visit Minnesota, make sure to visit Nisswa. It is a gorgeous little town with a lot of cute shops and delicious scones (ask about these). Hopefully I am able to go back and stay at the lodge with Greg!

Love,
Gabby

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a *beautiful* place for a retreat, and sounds like you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bethany! It was a beautiful place! Can't wait to go again sometime! :-D

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad I saw this today! It gets me so excited to decorate the lake house we just bought. We closed last week, and now the work starts--we need to get it all cleaned up, furnished, and decorated for a spring 2016 start to our VRBO business. I LOVE the décor at this lake house where you stayed. It's inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!