Monday, June 29, 2015

Do you believe in God?


A few nights ago, while in bed, about to go to sleep, an interesting question came up (my husband and I have the most interesting conversations right as we are drifting off to sleep…maybe it’s that we are so tired).

“Do you believe in God?”
“What kind of question in that? Of course I do! Why do you ask?”
“Well, I’ve been having trouble talking to Him lately. Sometimes I don’t believe in Him…”
“What do you mean?”
“Like…His character.”

Wow-za.

Did I really believe IN Him? Did I really believe Who He says He is? How many times have I said I believed in Him (that there is a Higher Power, Creator and Ruler of the universe), but not really IN Him (His character)?

Am I making sense, here?

Today I thought more about our small conversation…

He is omniscient. He knows everything. His understanding is infinite.
He is omnipotent. He can do all things. He is all-powerful.
He is omnipresent. He is everywhere. He is present in all places, all of the time. No one can hide from Him.
He is an unchanging God. He is the same God since the beginning. He is the same God who created this world. He is the same faithful God that Adam, Eve, Moses, David, Joseph, Mary and so many others talked to. Mind-blowing.
He is faithful. He does not lie. Everything He promised will happen, will happen.
He is holy. Set-apart and pure.
He is sovereign. He decides how he rules me, you and everyone else. He is free to do whatever He thinks is best for me, for us. He also gives us free will.
He is righteous.
He is love. He doesn’t just love us. He IS love. And He sent His Son to die for us, because of that love.  
He is merciful. We are the prodigal sons and daughters, and He, in His infinite mercy, offered us a way to salvation.
He is the trinity. He reveals Himself as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.


The Bible is full of passages that tell us about Him. The Bible tells us not just that He exists (Do you believe in God?). It also tells us Who He is (Do you believe IN God?).

Happy Monday!

Love,
Gabby

6 comments:

  1. This. Post! =D Like your husband I was having a bit of trouble praying to him too lately.. (too much stuff going on beyond my control) and this post has helped muchly :-)
    ~Evie
    and YES I DO believe in God, who created us beings and we are all special as he has plans for each and every one of us whoever we may be =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for your comment, Evie! I think all of us need a reminder of who He is when we have trouble believing in Him, or just plain talking to Him! :-D

      Delete
  2. This post made me happy! Such a great reminder of our AMAZING Lord. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, McKenzie! :-D

      Delete
  3. Lovely photo of the flowers, and very thought-provoking post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful Dianthus flowers! I wanted to let you know that after nine months I have begun blogging again! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!