Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Around the house.

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for your lovely comments on the last post! Greg and I are slowly getting used to the new (to us) house.

Like I said before, this home is a 1950’s home. It’s quite old, but very well taken care of. The house did have a few issues that we needed to fix ASAP. It’s slowly becoming alive again! Needless to say, we have been very busy around here.

We also already met quite a lot of neighbors (I hope I remember their names next time I see them). I am so grateful that we have very nice neighbors. They have told us a lot of stories about the original 1950’s owners. One of them told me the lady who lived here was a nurse! The original owner lady and I already have a lot in common. ;-)


Anyways, I wanted to share with you a few pictures of my life…lately. Thank you so much for still reading this little blog of mine! We plan to get internet soon and I will hopefully get to post a lot more.

Pictures are courtesy of my phone. I really need to pick up that camera again! 

Around the house

Greg cleaning the gutters. They were so dirty!


Sunrise.


Sunset. And my front yard jungle. ;-)


I was cutting the grass and as I looked back at my work, my OCD self was quite pleased. ;-) From here you can see how long it was!


Speaking of cutting the grass...This branch fell off a tree and stood right in front of me. It was in a shape of a cross, so I saved it. 


The golden hour's magic. :-)


If you look close, the year says 1981. Greg has a "calendar" that belonged to his Grandpa. These last four days were all that was left of it. I decided to place them in a frame, as it is one of three things that Greg has of his Grandfather.


My Mexican decor. I am not sure if I like it, yet. However, it works for now.


Weeding. Ah, so exhausting! Haha.



Bienvenidos. ;-) I plan to put this by the front door.


 
Other happenings. 

We went to a really old drive-in movie theater! It was so fun. And this is the grainy, poor quality picture I got of my husband, my sister, and Keith (her husband). 


On Sunday, we went to my cousin's graduation in Rochester. PS. Can you believe I have a cousin (on my Mom's side) in Minnesota? Long story, but I do!

Also, I chopped off my long hair! ;-D

My Aunt (from NYC), me, my Uncle (Grandma's brother) and my sister.


Aunts and cousins.


Us.


Thank you for looking through! Have a good rest of the week! 

Before I go, I want to share with you a random quote that has been with me for the past few days:

"And if one person sees the love of Christ in me, it is worth every minute. In fact, it is worth spending my life for." - K. Davis, Kisses from Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption. 

Love,
Gabby



6 comments:

  1. How exciting! Moving into a new home is a thrilling adventure :-)

    By the way, I have tagged you at my blog, here: http://bloggingcryslyn.blogspot.com/2015/06/sisterhood-of-world-bloggers-award.html
    for the Sisterhood of World Bloggers Award.

    I hope you are having a lovely day!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cryslyn! Yes it is! I can't wait to be a little more settled...so much to do! Haha. And thank you for the tag! I will for sure do it! :-)

      Delete
  2. Ooooh! I hope the move went well! :-)
    ~Evie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Evie! So nice to see you around here! :-D haha. Hope all is well with you!

      Delete
    2. =D No worries! Haven't been on here in a shamefull age.... All is well here, just planning for uni/college

      Delete
  3. Looks like mowing and weeding was quite a project! Great last photo of you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!