Thursday, May 21, 2015

As for me and my house.

Hello everyone! Are you still there? I hope you are.

Ok, here is a story and then some news I wanted to share with you. Something which Greg and I are very thankful for.

When Greg and I were engaged, we almost immediately began discerning on where (or rather which state) we were going to live when we got married. Well, we all know I ended up moving to Minnesota.

We knew we wanted to buy a house in the not-so-distant future. Well, for our first year of marriage, we lived in apartment #1. Then, we thought we had a house and “moved” for a week to temporary apartment #2. Unfortunately (or fortunately?), that house was no bueno, and we moved to apartment #3.

I can’t even begin to tell you about the number of houses we went to look at for the past two and a half years. I forget how many houses we placed offers on and none were accepted.

Well, I am happy to report that after much prayer, too many offers and too many houses, Greg and I are official homeowners!

Here are some first [phone] pictures of our new 1950's home.





I’ll probably share with you later stuff we learned about our faith, about God, marriage, life and the house buying process during this time. But for now, thank you for looking through the pictures and for the many comments and prayers left in past posts where I mention something about our house.

“Holy Spirit You are welcome here. Come flood this place, and fill the atmosphere. Your glory God is what our hearts long for. To be overcome by Your presence Lord. Let us become more aware of your presence. Let us experience the glory of Your goodness.” – K. Jobe.

"...but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

To Him alone be the glory,

Gabby

10 comments:

  1. So cute!! Love the wood floors...welcome home you two:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love my floors, too. I have to figure out how to clean them, as I grew up with all tile floors at home and then carpet in college. ;-) Lol! It's a good problem to have, I guess.

      Delete
  2. Hello Gabby,

    Yes, I am here and I am sure that others are here as well :)
    If you know how happy I am that you reaches your dream. I know what you are talking about, because we also were in the same situation and now looking for something else and not in England. Your new house looks absolutely adorable and it suits you both, really :) God bless you both! Liuba x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Liuba! Change is stressful, but it is good!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, Gabby! :-) What exciting news! Your new house looks very cute. I hope you and Greg have many wonderful years there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ahhh. I told him our first night there, "Can you imagine how it's going to be in 50+ years? What if we are still here, in this same house?" So fun to think about!

      Delete
  4. The house looks gorgeous! I luv the nice little green yard that you have and the hardwood floors. :) Congrats! This is such an exciting new step for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the green yard, too. I yet to figure out what the lady before me planted, though. ;-) Its overflowing, for sure!

      Delete
  5. Ah congrats Gabby!!! You are going to have so much fun decorating and making it your home! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, so exciting that you finally found just the house for you! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!