Tuesday, February 17, 2015

There is always something to be thankful for. 10.0

Grainy phone picture. ;-) My first attempt at sewing.
Hello everyone! It’s been quite a while since I’ve done one of these posts. I’ve been meaning to blog so much, but it seems that I am quite…stuck. Blogger’s block, anyone? That, plus not having internet at home is the perfect way to neglect your blog. ;-)

I could probably write hundreds (okay, maybe not hundreds) of reasons why I am feeling so thankful these days, but I’ll keep it brief. Kind of.

1.       Books, books, books. Back in January, my sister and I had a sister date at Barnes & Noble and…well, we bought some books. My goal was to finish all three books before February, but I am still in the process of finishing the second book. They are so intense. Then, a bloggy friend invited me to a book study/group through FB. I am extremely excited to join these wonderful ladies and learn more about our faith. And, just in case I don’t have enough of books, I am also joining a book study at my other bloggy-turned-real-life friend’s church. So many books, so little time. I’ll keep ya’ updated.

2.        We helped a friend and her husband move the other day, and I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to meet her family! So, so fun. I am quite excited to have friends in Minnesota. :-D

3.       “Facetime” with my family! Even though we are miles and miles away, I feel so close to them because of this way of seeing each other.

4.       Quiet, snow days. I don’t like driving in the snow, but the days seem cozier.

5.       My friends’ future marriages.  I am so excited to go to a barn wedding…and be a bridesmaid…and wear a navy blue dress…and wear heels/boots…and see my high school best friends…and go to Texas.  Wedding season is just beginning, y’all.

6.       Do you know that feeling you get when you enter a fresh, clean home (kitchen, specifically)? Ah. I am so thankful. It makes days much less stressful for both my husband and I.

7.       For my mother-in-law teaching me how to sew! I made a skirt for my niece’s doll and a flowery/calico print headband for me. I am so thankful for this new skill. I’ll be honest, though, they were a little crooked. Now I need to buy myself a sewing machine.

8.       Constructive encouragement/criticism. I have a difficult time not becoming defensive over this, especially when it comes from my husband.

9.       Praying with my husband. This is something we started doing together a few months into marriage. In the beginning the prayers were rushed and felt somewhat…weird. Now, I can definitely see how the Lord is working in us as a marriage and as individuals. The prayers are much more intimate and, I believe, this relationship with our Savior has brought us so much closer.  

10.   Lenten season. This is the second year my husband and I observe it. I just hope that Jesus helps me like fish. I don’t like it…at all. In all seriousness, it is a blessing to have a purposeful time of prayer and fasting…all while building a more intimate relationship with Christ. I’ll keep you updated about that, too. For now, here is what we learned last year. 

What are you thankful for this week?
Do you observe Lent?

Please pray for the 21 Coptic Christian martyrs, their families, and those who beheaded them.

“For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.” Philippians 1:21
“Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 5:10
“All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return.” Ecclesiastes 3: 20

Love,
Gabby

4 comments:

  1. Hello!:) I tagged you in a blog party!
    https://magicallyordinary.wordpress.com/2015/02/19/profoundlyloved-blog-party/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo! I'll take a look for sure! :-) Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Glad to read this post. You have to share the skirt you made for your niece's doll. You are blessed to have such lovely mother in law :) Have a blessed weekend! Liuba x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liuba!!! I've missed your comments and your blogging, friend! I will share for sure. Do you have Instagram? I have it there. Lol. Thank you for commenting! :-)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!