Monday, January 19, 2015

Holidays (Minnesota & Mexico) 2014 [Part 2]

Here is Part 1 if you missed it!

One of the days we were there, we made "buñuelos". Have you heard of them? It is basically like a fried tortilla-looking doughnut. ;-) People in Mexico make them mostly around the holidays. However, I looked it up, and they are popular in other countries (first consumed in Spain), too, especially around Christmas, Ramadan and Hanukkah. 

It was a family event and so, so fun. 

We separated into two teams, inside and outside.





Team Inside - I was part of this one. Also known as the Hardworking team. ;-)



My job was to take the stretched out buñuelos outside, where they would be then fried and covered in a special mix of sugar, cinnamon, among other things.


Team Outside - I can only spot two of them hard at work. ;-) 





Greg tried our first finished buñuelo. So delicious!




And finally, New Years Eve. We celebrated NYE at my house (my house is the main party house, I guess). It was packed with family members and just plain fun. My heart bursts out of love for these people. Seriously. 




We took several family pictures and this is the only one that worked out (aka the only one where the boys aren't closing their eyes/looking elsewhere)...and even then, my youngest brother looks like he is about to speak. Haha!




The three oldest cousins.





Ringing in the new year!
My mom looks confused. :-D







And, of course, one last holiday get-together with our cousin before we all head back to work!


 Thank you so much for looking through all the pictures (I hope you made it!). And like we like to say (and we mean it), if you ever go to Mexico, specifically my town...mi casa es tu casa (my home is your home).

"...But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15
"Home is the nicest word there is." L. Ingalls Wilder

Love,
Gabby

5 comments:

  1. Lovely family photos, Gabriela! Looks like a *lot* of fun! I had never heard of buñuelos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! Thanks ever so much Gabby dear for your lovely comment on my blog. It made my day! Must email soon mmkay?
    Hope you and Greg are well!?
    Evie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, Evie! Yes, for sure. And thank you, we are doing quite well. Busy as always, but well! :-D

      Delete
  3. Lovely family photos :) So glad to see you all together and so happy. Have a great weekend, Liuba x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!