Wednesday, January 28, 2015

12 months of dates gift: Date #5 (January)


[If you happen to be a new follower (and therefore my new best friend), these series of posts tell of the year-long wedding gift that Greg and I gave to my sister, Diana and her husband, Keith back in August 2nd. Enjoy!]

My sister and her husband are almost halfway through the dates! Time flies. I almost feel like a time traveler every time they open a new date (since we wrote/planned them since June and July of last year). ;-)

Anywho, carry on. Here is Date #5.

The folder and instructions.


We planned a warm and cozy date for them this month, as it is cold outside (I mean, duh, Minnesota). It is not as cold as last year, but nonetheless cold. And plus, who doesn’t like going on a date with husbands, sisters, girlfriends, etc., to a coffee shop?

How is the weather where you live? I can’t wait for spring to come, but in the meantime I am cherishing these long, dark, winter days.

What a day that will be, when my Jesus I shall see,
And I look upon His face, the One who saved me by His grace.
When He takes me by the hand, and leads me through the Promised Land,
What a day, glorious day that will be.
“What a Day That Will Be” – J. Hill.

I've been singing this hymn a lot lately. Look it up on Youtube! This hymn reminds me that all the trials Greg and I have been going through lately, will one day be overshadowed by our eternal reward. :-)

Love,

Gabby

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, that is a beautiful hymn--one of my many favorites! Looks like a wonderful idea for a date night this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!? I just discovered it recently and is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Lol! I am glad you like it too!

      Delete
  2. That is such a sweet + thoughtful gift! I'm waiting for spring, but trying to be thankful for these last cold days.

    P.s I live in Southern Minnesota, so unless you live way up north our weather is probably the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is really hard to be thankful, but at least we are very very close to the end of this winter, lol. And yes, it's probably the same, as I live in the cities! :-) So fun to know another MN blogger!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!