Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Twelve - thirteen - fourteen at Caleb and Ana's.

What a special date, right? My husband and I were talking about the fact that we won't get another "sequence" in the American way of writing the date until January 2, 2103. I'll be 115 years old! ;-) Anywho.

Well, on Saturday, we had the opportunity of going to Caleb and Ana's house to have a Pre-Christmas celebration! It was so fun.

Please excuse the grainy pictures. I couldn't get my camera to cooperate.

The Christmas music was softly playing in the background, the conversation was great, and the chicken was roasting in the oven.

Speaking of chicken... When dinner was ready, we sat down, prayed together and proceeded to carve the chicken. Well, #1, nobody knew how to carve the chicken properly. #2, when Caleb did go for it, we discovered the chicken needed just a little more time in the oven. We all really did laugh out loud!

Poor, blessed chicken had to go in the oven, again. 


Isn't Caleb and Ana's tree top so cute?


To make matters even more hilarious, at this time, Ana went to the kitchen and... BAM! Glass was now all over the floor! 

Here is Caleb trying to clean up the glass, Greg lighting up his phone so Caleb could see better, and Ana holding the vacuum. So, so funny.



Homemade eggnog. Delicious!


And, of course, we played Dutch Blitz!
I won, or "blitzed", for the first time! I was so excited. I even screamed out my excitement!


Us four.
Did I tell you Greg and I wore our tacky sweaters? We have no shame. ;-)


Caleb and Ana.


By their Christmas tree. Their tree is full of ornaments from their childhood! Isn't it neat?




Thank you for your friendship and hospitality, Caleb and Ana! We really had an awesome time. 

And thank you for looking through the pictures. :-) 

Have you had any Pre-Christmas celebrations?
What does your family usually do for Christmas?
Any old, special ornament you decorate your tree with? So far, Greg and I have a flower ornament from Hawaii (our honeymoon), a moose from Grand Marais (one year anniversary), cowboy boots (first Christmas as a married couple), a snowflake I made before we got married, and a dinosaur our three-year-old niece made and hung on our tree.

Love,
Gabby

7 comments:

  1. what a lovely, positive post!!! I really enjoyed reading this post and watching your lovely faces.I am glad you had great fun together :)
    I have been on last Saturday to a russian Carol Concert and after with friends had light dinner :) We also had good time! Liuba x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh fun! Thank you so much for commenting, Liuba! :-)

      Delete
  2. Looks like such a fun evening, Gabriela! The pie and eggnog look delicious...and it's been way too long since I've played Dutch Blitz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The pie was bought at an apple orchard (delicious) and the eggnog was made by Ana's husband. :-) Dutch Blitz is so fun!

      Delete
  3. You are so adorable! I love any excuse to break out my Christmas sweater, as well :) I always celebrate Christmas at home with my mom, but this year I'm celebrating with my dad. My tree is full of ornaments that my boyfriend's mom and my mom bought me! It's a teeny tiny tree, so it doesn't take many. Looking forward to hearing about your new sentimental ornaments next year :)

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It's great to know I am not the only one. ;-) I love wearing that sweater and plan to wear it again on Christmas Day. ;-) The best ornaments are the ones given by loved ones, I think! Have a great holiday!

      Delete
  4. It's so nice to have good friends, isn't it? :-) Your evening sounded like a lot of fun! Hope you are having a wonderful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!