Monday, December 1, 2014

There is always something to be thankful for. 9.0

Our fridge. :-)
Wow! November has come and gone. And I only wrote THREE blog posts. Oopsie-daisy.

I have so much to tell you and so much I want to write. For now, here is another one of my "there is always something to be thankful for" posts.

1. Another birthday early in November! I spent it in company of my in-laws (and all the neices/nephews), my sister and her husband, and my husband. It is the first birthday that I didn't actually blow out the candles by myself. All the children wanted to help out this old lady! ;-) It was a great day!
2. Lattes and manicures with my sister.
3. A completely remodeled apartment in less than three days (they took about two weeks in our last apartment). Yay!
4. At home movie (+ pizza, + wine) nights with Greg. So cozy!
5. Daily prayers and conversations about the Christian faith with Greg.
6. Witnessing how God is pursuing my husband and helping him lead our family. He knocks our socks off!
7. Our friends, Ana and Caleb. I love seeing how our friendship grows. And I love their love for Christ.
8. Thanksgiving season. I wasn't feeling very well (emotionally/spiritually) a day before Thanksgiving day. After some conversation, Greg reminded me of how God calls me, for my entire life, to serve others, to give myself to others - whether I feel like it or not. It was then that I realized the extent of my sin. It's humbling. I think I'll write more of this on another post. :-)
9. Going to the circus with my niece, sister-in-law and my husband. I have to share these photos with you! So fun.
10. Winning an all-inclusive trip to Florida! Yeap. I never, ever, ever, win anything. Not at bingos, not at giveaways, etc. And then, this happened. It's legit, I swear. ;-)
11. The help God sends me while I work at the hospital. I always say a prayer before I go in. I pray for the safety of my patients, for their family, for my coworkers, for wisdom to make the right decisions, for the opportunity to be His hands and feet, and for Him to help me be a better nurse. Sometimes, that "help" comes in coworkers. When I least expect it, my fellow coworker nurses are ready to jump in and help me.

How was your November? Let me know! It's my absolute favorite month of the year. 

Happy Advent!

Love,
Gabby

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! I have learned so much in the month of November, and grown in areas that I didn't even know I needed to. I can't wait to see what's in store for the upcoming months!
    That's awesome about Florida! Have you been there before?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much to be thankful for! I enjoyed reading your list! My November went quite well, but so fast...we did celebrate Thanksgiving 4 times though! Wonderful that you won a trip to Florida! Enjoy!

    I've nominated you on my blog for your choice of the Lovely Blog Award or Grateful Tag if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!