Thursday, November 13, 2014

A Getaway to Grand Marais, Minnesota (Day 2).


After a good night's rest (we were so tired from hiking), Greg and I woke up quite early to go and explore Grand Marais.

One of the historic attractions of this town is it's harbor. We decided to head there first! Lake Superior is beautiful. And so, so big.

I do hope you don't mind a lot of pictures. ;-)

The lighthouse.
Late 1800's.





That local cafe is where we went to have breakfast. So good!






The water is so clear!



We found a lot of engraved names on the harbor, dating back to the late 1800's and early 1900's.
There is not a lot of written history on this that I could find, but from what I got, they were harbor workers and some of the first settlers.




A view of the town.
Isn't it lovely?


We had to walk along this strip to get to the lighthouse.



Doesn't it look straight out of an Austen book?
That's all I could think of while visiting the harbor and the lighthouse. ;-)










Skipping rocks!
Most rocks were nice and flat. 




After exploring the harbor and the town, we headed on for a drive. It was so enjoyable to just drive, sit back, relax and soak it all in!

Oh, dear! ;-)



On our way home, we also "hiked" up to visit some nearby falls. I believe these were the "Cascade Falls".



As the afternoon came, we said our goodbye's to Grand Marais (until next time, God willing), and headed on a lovely drive home. We did stop at other small towns along the way and explored their Sunday, outdoor flea markets. ;-)

Thank you for looking through the pictures! There is something that I love about sharing "life" with you.

"Yours, Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all." 1 Chronicles 29:11

Love,
Gabby

10 comments:

  1. It looks so beautiful there! I love the photos! :)

    eveofwomanhood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eve! It is beautiful! :-)

      Delete
  2. I love the shoreline; it is so picturesque! The falls are incredibly beautiful as well, and I don't know if I've ever seen a lake with water so clear! Thank you for so many beautiful shots! And what a wonderfully appropriate verse to sign off with...so true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bethany! Right? I couldn't help but take a lot of pictures...more than the ones I posted. Haha! And yes, the verse reminded me that all of this is His, and He is exalted by His creation!

      Delete
  3. There are so many places to visit throughout the world, one lifetime is not enough to visit all of them. This place is so nice, I love the view of the town, it looks so peaceful... would love to live in such a place :) Thank you for sharing! Liuba x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I would love to see the entire world! But, sadly, that is mostly impossible in this lifetime. ;-) One day we will! Thank you for your comment!

      Delete
  4. Leaving a comment here since I don't have you on FB. :) Here's a link to the book group: https://facebook.com/groups/741504802604729

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely getaway! I'm glad you had a good time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful, hope you had a lovely time! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!