Friday, October 10, 2014

There is always something to be thankful for. 8.0

So, looking back through my "There is always something to be thankful for." posts, I realized I made TWO 5.0's and named my last one 6.0, when it should have been a 7.0. Therefore, this one is named 8.0.

Inhale.

These past few weeks (months?) have been absolutely chaotic. Nonstop. I feel like I've been running a marathon since August. You should see my planner. Weddings, trips across the countries (we literally traveled across the USA and across Mexico), babysitting nieces/nephews, birthday parties, church, meeting with friends, bridal showers, helping in the remodeling of a house for days/weeks, looking for a house, packing, moving, moving again, blogging, reading, killing my plants, homemaking, time with my husband and on top of that...work.

It's humbling, I tell ya'. And I am so thankful for the beautiful, organized, peaceful chaos that is my life right now.

Mom, me, & Diana trying to do the jumping picture
1. I am thankful for the weddings that took place. The new families. The new family members. I am also thankful and praying for the weddings to come (God willing).
2. That being said, I am thankful for my roots, my family.
3. For my marriage. Y'all. We almost hit the one year mark. So much has happened to us in the past year. We've learned so much together. I hope the next 49+ years are ever more beautiful.
4. I am thankful for the trips made and the memories made.
5. For my sister and her husband's new home. A lot of work, blood, sweat, tears and a minor burn to the skin - ask my sister - have been put into it. The house is full of love from friends and family who helped in the remodeling of this older home.
6. New friends! Well, kind-of-new-friends. It's so refreshing to be friends with someone who has a similar belief system that you do. It's the first time (with the exception of my husband and my sister) that I feel I can talk (in real life) about everything - including my Savior - and not even thinking/feeling judged because I talk about Him like that.
7. Moving. So, long story short, we had told our apartment complex we were leaving. We placed an offer on a house. The owners decided the next day not to sell it. Our then apartment was already rented for the next year. We had no where to live. Our apartment complex helped us out by renting us a "guest suite" for a week with all of our stuff crammed into the already furnished suite. And then we found an apartment in the same complex and moved into it. Whew! We prayed and He answered. And as a little blessing, our rent is so much cheaper!
8. Our jobs. Even though sometimes they are not very flexible (time wise). I am so thankful I found and get to live out my vocation - caring for children and their families.
9. Speaking of vocations, I am so thankful for my top vocation - being a wife to Greg. I've learned so much about physical and spiritual home keeping. For Pete's sake, I still can't figure out how to make an omelette, though. It breaks, it sticks...something always happens to it.
10. I am thankful getting to see how God pursues my husband. I can tell you this, it makes my heart burst with joy.

Alright-y. Thank you for making it through my rambling. ;-)

What are you most thankful for this week? Do let me know. Feel free to ramble. 
Also, if you are in need of a prayer request, check out She Prays.

Exhale.

Love,
Gabby

   

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been super-busy! Glad to hear the moving episode worked out well in the end. I'm thankful for the not-too-cold weather this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so glad and thankful for this weather! I forgot to add that to the list. It's beautiful around here, too. :-)

      Delete
  2. I have to tell you that I love reading and seeing pictures of when you're with your familia, especially in Mexico. It reminds me of my big crazy Colombian family! Haha, and nice try on the jumping picture! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I do have a big and crazy (crazy loud) family. Isn't it the best? ;-) and I know, we took a few, but none of them turned out. Maybe next time.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful post Gabby! :-)
    I am thankful for the Best thing that happened this week, you know the dear teacher I emailed you about? Well she left last year... anyway it seams the Lord answered my prayers because she visited us today! XD
    Just wanted to share!
    ~Evie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! That is just great! I am so happy for you, thank you for sharing it! And thank you for your kind comment.

      Delete
  4. I like that you're always thankful for things even when life is hectic. That was a good reminder for me. When life is crazy I tend to go with the crazy and I dont always remember my blessings. Thank you for reminding me:)

    I'm thankful for technology!!!!! There are people who hate technology, and I can to an extent, but when my best friend is in another country, I'm so thankful for Skype so that I can still see her beautiful face. And I'm thankful for God's financial provision in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Technology is useful for when you want to get in touch with your loves ones who are far away! I believe I have added FaceTime (iPhone) to one of my lists before! It allows me to keep a constant conversation (with the bonus of seeing them) with my family in Mexico. :-)

      Delete
  5. Gabby, all your posts are inspiring me so much, thank you for that! I am thankful for the lovely weather and rain. I love rain so much! Liuba x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!