Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Of an apple orchard run and a cook out.

Last Wednesday, my sister called and asked me if Greg and I wanted to participate in a 5K run, hosted by a local apple orchard business. I then invited my friend Ana and her husband. Ana graciously informed me that it wasn't a "5K" run we had signed up for...but a 5 MILE run.

Needless to say, 5 kilometers = 3.1 miles, not 5. #whoops. Ana and her husband couldn't make it to the event, but Diana, Greg and I decided to go for it.

Here is a lovely combination of I-phone and camera pictures. ;-)

It was a cold, lovely morning.




And of course, we had to get some apples post-run.
And apple cider, and cider doughnuts and oatmeal cookies.



So what do you do after a 5 mile run (besides taking a long nap)? Invite friends over for an evening cook out and a game night! Because hamburgers. ;-)

My sister joined us for the lovely afternoon. Later that evening, Ana and her husband came over! However, at this point, I had abandoned my camera.




My sister looks like she is modeling back there.



I just love that tiny, old, green bridge that connects those two buildings. 


And I love my cook. :-)




Later that night, when it was already too cold outside, Ana and Caleb introduced us to Dutch Blitz! 
They patiently explained to us the rules. We had such a fun night with that game and lots of conversation. My husband kept calling it "Dutch Oven".

I believe Caleb won several rounds, as well as Ana, Greg won one round, and I won zero. Now I have to buy this game so I can practice! 


Thank you for your friendship, Ana and Caleb! I have especially enjoyed forming a sweet, friendship with you, Ana. Your love for God shines through and inspires me! It's also fun to navigate the newlywed season as wives to our husbands, encouraging each other in Christ!


That was our lovely, autumn Saturday. Thank you for looking through the pictures!

"Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world." - L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

Love,
Gabby

6 comments:

  1. Yumm, I have been wanting to try cider doughnuts! You and your sister are beautiful woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, you should. I am telling you, they are delicious! And thank you for your kind compliment. :-)

      Delete
  2. Love this post, the photos are great and you can totally see the happiness! :)

    (PS: I changed my blog's domain from Modesty Is My Policy to The Girl The World Hates. Now the URL is www.thegirltheworldhates.blogspot.com. A lot of my readers have said they no longer see my posts so thought I'd let you know!)

    Blessings! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEY! Thank you for your comment! And yes, I did figure you were doing something with your blog because it said the domain didn't exist anymore! Thanks for letting me know...as I read everything you post. Lol. :-) Blessings to you!

      Delete
  3. Looks like a wonderful day! Enjoyed the photos of the orchard (they look so homey to me for some reason ;) ). The bridge is fantastic! I've only played Dutch Blitz once with some friends, but it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! Diana and I decided that we might as well take pictures along the run, since we were part of the last runners to finish the race! ;-) It is beautiful out there...it also felt very homey to me, too.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!