Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A peaceful Sunday.

Two Sundays ago, Greg and I went for a drive down to Stillwater, Minnesota (possibly my favorite town). We also went to visit his aunt and uncle for a bit. Well, that "bit" turned into an entire afternoon! His aunt and uncle are so good to us.



Doesn't this picture make you want to jump into this fluffy pool of trees?
I was amazed at the color of the leaves, the water, the sky.
Gosh, it's beautiful. Please excuse this Mexico/Texas girl who has never had a real autumn before.


 
My patient driver who stops whenever I just need to take a picture or when he sees a pretty sight.



So peaceful and contemplative.




According to Greg, this swing has been there since he was a little boy. Isn't it the best? 


Max likes autumn, too!


"Fishing". ;-)









After this picture, his uncle suggested that Greg and I go canoeing. Of course, I didn't take my camera for this. We took the time to be still and at peace for a few minutes. We enjoyed the silence of the woods, the wind, the movement and sound of the leaves, the sound the water made as we paddled, the chirping of the crickets. It was heavenly.

Thank you for stopping by!
I wish you a great week.
Be sure to set time aside to contemplate upon God's word and His love for you!

Love,
Gabby

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful outing! I love the beautiful fall colors you captured. Nice photo of you and your husband; canoeing sounds like great fun. The shot of the golden retriever with you is awesome as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you for saying that! I am still learning how to get the settings right on my camera. Lol. Thank you for your kind comment!

      Delete
  2. Oh fall is so perfect and those pictures certainly show it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS perfect! I wish it could last forever. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Yay!! Isn't autumn the best?!? I have only driven through Stillwater, MN but have never taken the time to explore. Beautiful! I am excited to head back north to South Dakota and Minnesota for Thanksgiving and Christmas and your post has made me even more excited! :) Thanks for sharing.

    Amanda
    www.pavingtheruggedpath.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you know where it is! So fun! I love Stillwater. Hopefully you get to explore it someday. I hope you have great trips! :-)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!