Tuesday, September 23, 2014

It's a boat wedding celebration.

This past Saturday, we had the opportunity of attending D + K's wedding celebration in MN! If you have seen my past posts, you would know D + K married on August 2, 2014. K's parents wanted to host a small, wedding celebration for the people who couldn't attend their wedding in Mexico. 

It was a grand day! The weather was crazy. It went from sunny, to cloudy, to sunny, to cloudy, to raining, to sunny in a course of just 3 hours. 

The best part of it all (for me, at least): My parents were able to visit Minnesota! We missed my brothers, though, who couldn't come because of school/work. 

The newlyweds.


Sigh.
[Please excuse me while I have a crush on my husband. ;-)]


The "guestbook". Our families did this for our wedding and D + K's wedding. It's a great idea, don't you think?


Our parents.



A view of the city.







Daddy's girls.




I braided/pin curled my sister's hair in like...ten minutes.
Thank goodness her hair kept put for the evening. ;-)


My mother-in-law. :-D



I was kind of obsessed with these boat lights.
Also, everyone was watching the gates open at the lock and dam.





After the rain and the cloudy skies, God blessed us with a stunning view.
The sun shone upon the trees, who were just beginning to blush.
And to top it off, a rainbow appeared.






We totally did the "Titanic pose".
We had to. We are cool like that. ;-)
The photographer has a picture like this one, but he shot it from the top deck.




We then went inside for a dance. It was time to leave my camera for a bit. However, as the evening was coming to an end, we were blessed with another view of the city, and I ran inside to get the camera.


I hope you enjoyed looking at some of the pictures from the celebration!

"And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ - to the glory and praise of God." Philippians 1: 9-11

"The highest meaning and the most ultimate purpose of marriage is to put the covenant relationship of Christ and his church on display." J. Piper, This Momentary Marriage: A Parable of Permanence (Note: Greg and I read this when we were engaged - you should read it sometime, even if you are not in a relationship. It's online and it's free!)

God is so, so good.

Love,
Gabby


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! Looks like a wonderful day and the scenery is absolutely delightful! I love the guestbook/framed photo idea; some of my friends did that for their graduation open houses--wish I had thought of it in time for mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, the scenery was awesome! :-)

      Delete
  2. Looks like a fun time!
    I like that quote by John Piper! I'm making a mental note to read that book sometime soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy! Yes, it was so fun! I especially enjoyed having my parents in town. And you should read it! :-)

      Delete
  3. What a great idea to celebrate by having a little cruise down the river! It sounds like so much fun. I love all the pictures ... especially the one of you and your sister with your dad - how precious! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I thought it was a neat idea, too! It was a lovely afternoon. :-)

      Delete
  4. Very beautiful post, I really enjoyed all your these amazing photos. You got a super lovely smile!!!

    Loads of kisses and hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Liuba! My family tells me I have my grandmother's smile. :-D Hugs to you, as well!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!