Thursday, September 18, 2014

And it was completely calm.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. Without warning, a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. Then the disciples went and woke him, saying, "Lord, save us! We are going to drown!"

He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.

The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

Matthew 8:23-27

Jesus calming the storm is one of my absolute favorite Bible stories. I learned this story by heart when I was a young girl. 

However, it wasn't until my NCLEX exam - a test to become a Registered Nurse - day, that I really came to love it. The morning of my test, I woke up before my sister did (I mean, hello, I couldn't sleep all night) to have a little talk with Him. I opened a Bible app on my phone and verse 26 was the "verse of the day". I quickly opened a real Bible and read the story over and over and over. 

I was so surprised. I just knew the "verse of the day" was meant for me that morning. It was as if Jesus was asking me, "You of little faith, why are you, my daughter, so afraid?". He was totally in control and I needed to trust and obey Him. 

I went into my exam feeling a peace I can't describe - I was completely calm. Regardless of me passing or failing, I was already living His will for me. 

I hope these verses are of encouragement to you today!

Note: Mazatlan's waves are the biggest I've seen in my life! However, that particular sunset, the ocean seemed calmer. ;-)

Note #2: Life has been quite...I don't know if "hectic" would be the correct term to describe life lately. Life has been FULL - in every sense of the word! Once we are settled, I'll update the blog more often. 

Love,
Gabby

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo of the beach, and great message! The peace of God is so sweet, wonderful and beyond understanding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Thank you for your comment. :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi Gabby,
    These words ARE encouraging to me today! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad, Colleen! How have you been?

      Delete
    2. Doing well! How are you? Will write soon!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photo<3

    I pray you did well on the exam!

    I also love the story of Jesus calming the storm; that chapter always hit home for me. Thank you for reminding me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I did! The exam was two years ago! Woohoo. And it totally hits home for me, too!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!