Wednesday, August 13, 2014

D + K Wedding : Part uno

Oh goodness. Where should I begin?

On Friday, August 1st, Greg and I traveled from Minnesota to Texas and then drove to Mexico. We had to hurry up because that afternoon, my parents were hosting a Mexican themed dinner at my (their?) house.

In Mexico, we typically don't have a "wedding rehearsal" or a "rehearsal dinner". However, both sets of parents thought it would be a good idea to have some sort of informal get-together on Friday, since a lot of his family from Minnesota and Texas were traveling to Mexico for the wedding.

Well, I (obviously) took some pictures for the occasion.

The soon-to-be Bride and Groom


The Food and Decorations

Our parents ordered food from a small, local restaurant to cater to the party. It was traditional Mexican food and it was delicious. 




My sister and mom bought these little jars at a local store. We wore them as necklaces.


My aunt and other helpers made these beautiful paper flowers!


A lot of other family helpers made these paper flags by hand and glued them to a strings. I think they added a lot to the Mexican theme atmosphere. 



Family and Friends

Megan, her roommate and coworker




L, the flower girl. She is our best friend's (Paty) daughter.


Mami (Spanish for mom/momma) and Dariana (cousin)


Girl kisses = Yuck! ;-)
Paty and her two children.


Grisyan (another bestie) and Victor


C (Keith's nephew)


Tia (Spanish for Aunt) Lila and Grandma


Ab (Keith's cousin)


Brother, Mr. K (K's dad), Kirby (K's friend) and Paul (K's friend)


Aunt Cindy (K's aunt)


Dareld and Patty (K's family friends)



Aunt Donna and Uncle John (K's aunt/uncle)

Tia Rossy and her children + my brother and Diana


Megan and Greg


Andrea (another best friend) and Pepe


Aunt, Uncle and Mami


Fancy girls


Papi (Spanish for dad/poppa) and brothers, Gabriel and Salvador



My most outgoing cousins (sisters, if you can't tell). ;-)


E, a best friend's (Iris) son. He started drinking water out of the little jars. 



Another Tia.





As the party progressed, I put away my camera, but I think I got a good summary of the get-together in the pictures. It was so fun for the families to get to know each other. There were a lot more people I didn't get to take a picture of, sadly. 

I find it fascinating at how two families, from two different cultures, two different countries and two different languages, can come together as one. Beyond blessed. 

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with the power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. - Ephesians 3: 16-19

I hope you enjoyed looking through the pictures. Thank you for allowing me to share this with you. 

Praising Him,
Gabby

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun party! Love your Aunt Lila and grandmother's fans--they are beautiful! You have a lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We had a lot of those fans and they were given the next day as wedding favors for the ladies. ;-)

      Delete
  2. nice blog i found you thrue other bloggers..will visit often...blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting! Your comment made my day a little happier! :-)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!