Monday, July 7, 2014

Visit to Minnehaha Falls, MN

Hello everyone! I hope you all (I am tempted to type "y'all") had a fun, holiday weekend!

On the fourth, we had a family get-together in the early afternoon. We then met up with Ana and Caleb for a quick hello, since they were by our apartment. It is so much fun making "new" friends! Later on, Greg and I parked at the children's hospital where I work (since I was scheduled to work at 11 PM), and watched the city's fireworks from there. My supervisor said she thought it was romantic that my husband and I were watching the fireworks from the parking lot, right before work. ;-) I was exhausted the next day, but it was so much fun!

Anywho. Back to the matter of this post. One of our favorite things to do is to visit/explore all kinds of parks, learn about their history, hike, bicycle ride, and take pictures (my personal favorite). My second favorite part of visiting a park is encountering a waterfall - big or small!

This weekend, we visited Minnehaha Park.

Full force! Supposedly, the falls aren't this big, but since we had a lot of snow during winter and a lot of flooding lately, this happened. 








We followed the river long enough that the waters calmed.





Limestone cave!




And finally, the waters emptied into the Mississippi.


Your love is like a waterfall, waterfall
Running wild and free
You hear my heart when I call, when I call
Deep calls to deep
Your love is like a waterfall, waterfall
Raining down on me 

Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me. - Psalm 42: 7

Chris Tomlin's "Waterfall" was stuck in my head all day. Might as well share a verse of the song to get it out of my system. ;-)

Thank you for looking through the pictures! What did you do this weekend? 

Love,
Gabby


8 comments:

  1. The waterfall is beautiful! Great photos! The cave also looks so neat! Sounds like a fun trip.
    I spent my weekend fixing cracks in my ceiling, repainting it, and weeding, so I think you had the more exciting weekend this time ;) Lovely song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Your comment really made me laugh! Weeding sounds the most fun. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Mmmm looks you had great fun! The waterfall is amazing and photos you shared are great!!!

    I worked on Saturday and on Sunday was very lazy :)

    Have a super day!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I love waterfalls, too. Glad you had a fun weekend! We spent time with family, ate barbeque, went to the pool, watched fireworks, and ended the weekend by riding in a horse-drawn wagon in a holiday parade. (Surprise for us!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colleen! So glad to hear from you, I think of you often! The horse drawn wagon sounds so much fun! And a Bar-b-cue sounds delish (mouth watering). Haha!

      Delete
  4. These pictures are so pretty! When I stumbled upon this post I was pretty excited to see that you are living in Minnesota. I am such a Minnesota girl at heart, though I live in South Dakota. (Most of my family lives in Minnesota.) It is so wonderful to take time from our busy lives and really enjoy the beauty of God's beautiful earth. Thanks for sharing your pictures and sweet words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I get excited, too, when I stumble upon blogs from people who live up north! ;-) most of the girls I follow live east or south, so it is exciting! Thank you for commenting. I hope I can visit South Dakota soon!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!