Saturday, July 19, 2014

She Prays

If you took a look at my Facebook page, you would see that I rarely post anything other than quotes, Bible verses, some pictures and an occasional nursing post. What I have never, ever done (besides not posting blog stuff), is going out of my comfort zone and ask if any one of my hundreds of friends have a prayer request.

I do ask some of my closest friends. I do tell them I will pray for them. But asking acquaintances on Facebook? No, Facebook, I am not posting what's on my mind. If they need a prayer, they will ask. Keepin' it to myself.

Lately, I have been thinking (like a lot) that God is calling me into a deeper communion with Him. How? Others. Pray for others. Build a stronger community with others.

Well, the third tab up there on my header thing (excuse the language, I am totally not a computer person) is my answer.

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will. Romans 8:26-27

I pray that someday, I'll be brave enough to post something like this on Facebook.

Love,
Gabby

5 comments:

  1. Praying the Lord blesses you as you pray for and bless others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) You have been tagged!
    http://ramblingsfromaustralia.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/what-ho-another-sunshine-award.html
    ~Evie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nomination, Evie! I love blogging awards (especially getting to know other bloggers through the questions/answers)!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!