Thursday, July 24, 2014

Car Show

Last weekend, Greg and I had the opportunity to go to a car show held in our town. The town has several events to showcase personal cars, but two of the biggest ones are "Back to the 50's" and "Car-Craft". We saw cars from all over the Midwest (I am still not used to saying that) and even some Canadian cars!

Here are some of our favorites.

Presenting Mr. Rolls-Royce.
I think this was a 50's car.


Does this next guy remind you of someone? 
We thought he looked like the sheriff from the movie "Cars".



Burnout competition. 


 

I imagined myself living in the 50's (or so) when these cars passed by.



This car was just a bit weird. Haha!



I really saw myself driving a Bel Air if I had lived back in the day (except in a turquoise color).





I took a lot more pictures, but I will save you from those! ;-)

Fun Fact: Greg and I rode my uncle's turquoise 50's Fairlane to our wedding (church and reception)! It definitely added a lot more vintage feel.

 Don't you just love vintage cars?
If you lived in the past, what car/color/year would you see yourself driving?

Love,
Gabby

7 comments:

  1. Loved the photos! Looks like a neat event to see! I think I'd agree with you on taking the Bel Air; it's a beautiful car! Though the Rolls Royce is pretty nice too...decisions, decisions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?!? We could've been Bel Air friends! ;-) but yes, the Rolls-Royce is SO nice. It definitely made quite the impression on us!

      Delete
  2. Oh I love those! Vintage cars are just cool! Heck, anything vintage is cool. Love the pictures! I like the red one that was second to last. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you! Vintage is just so cool!

      Delete
  3. Oh how i love these pictures. Old cars are the best arent they? Especially love the candy apple Bel Air. The wood steering wheels are just so unexpectedly beautiful. They just dont make things like that today!!
    -Abigail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I wish they would still make cars like these! Thank you for your kind comment. :-)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful cars! I think it's safe to say that everyone loves to have those vintage cars back. I mean, who wouldn't want to look macho in muscle cars, right? Hahaha! I do hope they bring them back, with more mileage and better runs. Thanks for sharing your day at the car show with us, Gabby! Good day! :)

    Bradford Oliver @ Lacustoms Performance Products

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!