Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A Sunshine and a Sunflower (Awards).

Well, I think this is the second Sunshine (first one from Bethany, second one from Evie) and a first Sunflower (first one from Cryslyn)!

I love reading/answering "blogging awards" because of the unique opportunity to get to know more specific details about bloggers I love. :-)

I am not so sure about the "official" rules. ;-) However, I do know that if you are nominated, you are to state facts about yourself, answer the questions you are asked, nominate other bloggers with few followers, ask questions in return, and link back to the blog who nominated you. Whew!

Ok, on to the questions.


As I said, I was nominated by Evie for this award. Evie blogs at A Period Drama Fangirl. Go visit her now, because, duh, who doesn't like period drama? ;-) She also blogs at The Wonders of History.

1) What was the last thing you bought?
Sandals! Greg and I are going on a family trip in which I need comfortable (but cute) sandals for walking around town.

2) Would you rather meet Jennifer Ehle (Lizzy Bennet) or Colin Firth (Mr. Darcy)?
Definitely Jennifer Ehle.

3) If you could have any job, what would you want to do/be?
Besides being a wife (and Godwilling, future mom) and a pediatric nurse, I would want to have a job in the youth ministry within a church setting. Does being a full-time missionary count as a job? If so, that would also be awesome. Also, my childhood aspiration...becoming an astronaut. Haha!

4) Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Definitely a morning person. Although, I do work mostly evenings/nights.

5) If you could master any instrument, what would it be?
Piano! My dad always said I "pianist fingers". But, in all seriousness, I do love watching people play the piano.

Now, on to the Sunflower.


I was nominated by Cryslyn, who blogs at Cryslyn's Blog. Go visit her now, too! Her blog is just lovely. [Note: Cryslyn nominated me waaaay back on July 3rd. Oops. I didn't forget, though! ;-)]

1) What is your dream home?
A big, white house with a surrounding porch and a white picket fence surrounding a large yard. I've seen it in Minnesota already...it is just not ours. ;-)
 
2) Do you have a current occupation? If not, what would you like for your future job to be?
Yes, I do. I am a pediatric nurse and I love serving others this way.

3) Have you grown stronger spiritually in a specific area where you struggled before? How did God help you out of it?
Completely surrendering and trusting in God's will (don't we all?). I used to struggle a whole lot when I was in college. Sometimes, that struggle wants to come back. However, when I look back, I can clearly see Him in everything! It helps my heart fill with peace in knowing that He really cares for me (1 Peter 5:7) and will act according to His purpose, not mine! I think once I truly understood this, there was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.

4) What is your favorite color to wear?
Navy blue!

5) Name a place where you have always wanted to visit. 
Ireland. I would also love to go back to Europe in general. I visited as a very young teenager, and well, teenagers sometimes have different priorities (like not paying attention to the tour guide).

6) Can you speak other language besides that of your own ethnicity?
I am only fluent in Spanish and English.

7) What is your favorite film?
Does Pride and Prejudice count? ;-)

8) If you could live in any time period, what would you choose?
I could pick different eras based on different reasons. But, my number one is Regency. Cliche, I know.

9) Iced or hot coffee?
Hot coffee! My husband loves Iced coffee...I don't understand how he can drink it like that!

10) Do you like, dislike or adore my blog? (sorry, just had to ask that question :)
Like I said, your blog is lovely (adore)!

Ah, I am going to have to apologize for not stating facts, asking questions and nominating more blogs. I wish I had more time! Today is just a little bit full. However, thank you for the nominations and for reading through. I truly enjoyed it!

Before I go, if you have any prayer requests for this week, check this out! I don't mind when praying for you is on my to-do list. ;-)

Love,
Gabby 

7 comments:

  1. Hello Gabriela, thank you for answering my questions! I really enjoyed reading them. :)
    I hope you are having a great week!
    Blessings,
    Cryslyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nomination! It was fun. ;-) I hope you are having an awesome week, too!

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed reading your answers! Very neat that you used to want to be an astronaut--it would be a fascinating job! Also enjoyed reading about God helped you surrender to His will. It is comforting to know He is in control of everything, even when our lives may not go exactly as planned. Excellent scripture verse and encouraging lesson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! When I was very young I even asked my parents for a telescope and they so graciously bought it for me! I told my dad that if I ever went to the moon, I would write our last name on it. Haha! Space is just so interesting. And yes, He is completely in control. Such a relief!

      Delete
  3. Hey Gabby,
    Thank you so much for completing my tag and the shoutout! :-). I am now going to comment my thoughts on what you had to say so this comment might be very long!

    Cool! The last thing I bought was Emma Thompsons screenplay and dairies from her version of Sense and Sensibility :)

    I really don’t know who I would pick, I would probably say Colin Firth because he has worked with so many actors that I admire (Alan Rickman, Helena Bonham Carter, Emma Thompson).

    Ooh interesting, that sounds like fun! I personally want to do education and conducting a band. I also want to teach viola students as well (I am nearly at the level :D)

    I am a morning person too! Coughonlyifcoffeeisinvolvedcoughcough

    Loved your answers!

    Interesting, which version of P&P is your fav?

    I have to go now :(
    ~Evie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nomination! These questions really had me thinking. Haha! Education is a really great field to go into. Wow! The viola sounds like a really difficult instrument to play...it's so exciting that you are at an almost teacher level! :-D And yes, I agree, coffee definitely has to be involved. Your comment about this made me laugh!

      Delete
    2. Heheh, Sorry about that!
      Oh why thank you! :-), I have often been told that Education is right for me. Oh please do check out my board on Pintrest
      http://www.pinterest.com/eviebrandon/me-myself-and-i/ hehe!
      Yeah! I have had to go back to some basics though, then I can "jump way into the extremely hard stuff" - My teacher.
      Hahaha yes Coffee is a must! and thanks! :D
      sorry about the late reply I had guests over

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!