Monday, June 30, 2014

Wedding: C + A

This weekend, Greg and I were invited to Caleb and Ana's wedding! 

Let me give you the story. Approximately two years ago, before I even had a blog, I started "following" and commenting on Ana's blog. We quickly became "blogging" friends, commenting back and forth on each other's blogs (when I finally decided to start one). She took a blogging break and I knew nothing about her until I sent her a quick email. We then began a long chain of emails, where she told me all about how God had been working in her life, in her family's life, and about the man He had brought into hers. Ana and Caleb have a very neat love story! 

Anyways, it would have never crossed my mind that I would be meeting them, and attending their wedding one day!

The wedding ceremony was so beautiful. I don't know if women become more emotional after they marry, but my eyes could not stop watering! The scripture reading and the sermon spoke to our hearts...Greg and I couldn't stop talking about it on our way home! Needless to say, His love for everyone in the room, especially for Ana and Caleb, was felt throughout the entire ceremony.

I always carry my camera everywhere...and this time I forgot it! So, here go some lovely I-phone pictures. ;-)

With the Bride and Groom!
(The photographer took a picture of us four, hopefully I can get a hold of it!)

Funny story: Greg was a little nervous meeting them for the first time, so the first time he met Ana he said: "Hi, I am Greg, Gabby's...wife! I mean, Gabby...my wife. I am. her. husband."
I couldn't understand why he couldn't stop laughing as we were exiting the service.


Cutting the cake.



Troublemakers.


It was a very happy day! 

I am so thankful for His faithfulness and His love for them. Ana and Caleb, I pray your marriage is a reflection of that!

But Ruth replied, "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me." Ruth 1: 16-17

Love,
Gabby

8 comments:

  1. That is *so* neat that you got to meet a long-time blogging friend at her wedding! They look like a beautiful couple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It was SO neat. I had always wondered what it was like to meet people in "real life". :-D And, yes, they totally were.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Gabby! It was wonderful to meet you and your husband Greg at Caleb and Ana's wedding! You are a precious newlyweds (practically) yourselves! I love to see young couples honoring the Lord and walking in His love. Marriage is the perfect 'picture' of what Christ and His relationship with the bride of Christ is meant to look like. Stand strong in Jesus!
    Thanks for commenting on DRAH. I hope you will come beck often :) God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Like I said, it was wonderful talking to you! Thank you for the encouragement - you are exactly right. Blessings to you!

      Delete
  3. Hi..Ana's mom here. Loved your post..very touching! Loved also the pictures. For me.. they are good memory joggers. Ana mentioned you often and I know it was a treat for her to meet you plus have you witness their wedding. Thanks for your encouraging entry. ~ Annette W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mrs. W! We absolutely loved the wedding. We were so encouraged! Hopefully we are able to meet soon!

      Delete
  4. What a sweet blog post Gabby!! Ana sent me the link and it was fun to "see" her wedding through someone else's eyes. Thank you! <3
    ~Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, Alyssa! I wish I could've taken my camera! Haha. I realized I didn't have it with me when we were on our way! So glad to see you here, too! :-)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!