Thursday, June 19, 2014

Diana's Bridal Shower

This past weekend, my sister (who was in Minnesota) and I traveled to our hometown in Mexico because my mother organized her a bridal shower.

We were able to spend so much time with our family and friends. I was especially glad to see my girlfriends. It's difficult making friends when you move to a new place - across the country, I might add. ;-)

My sister had her shower at the same place/restaurant I had mine. The place is so cozy and welcoming... a perfect location for a bridal shower!
The future bride.


Gabriel (brother), Diana, Dad, Mom, yours truly, and Salvador (brother).
I am so thankful we could ALL be there!


The Grandma's.


We had an "appetizer" table placed. When guests arrived to the bridal shower, they could serve themselves whatever  they wanted. Our best friend's sister made everything! It was so good!


The cake.
Well, we had cakes (lots of them) that were served.
Again, our best friend's sister made this one. Isn't the detail awesome?


We played a bridal shower game that my mom made for mine. 
Talk about DIY. ;-)
The bridal shower game includes things that the bride and groom may need once they are married. (Example: cake cutters, luggage, bedroom, washer, wedding cake, church, honeymoon, etc.)
My mom bought around 25 big prizes for the winners.


Here, you can see the centerpieces.
Have I told you that my dad made the centerpieces AGAIN (as he did for mine)?
He has such a creative mind! It is also a great way to save money.


 My Mom also made these corset photo props. Aren't they cute?






Momma's friends.
They have been friends since I can remember (most of these girls knew each other in grade school). AND, they get together every 15 days - for 23 years now!
Their group name? "Las Consentidas de Maria" ("Mary's favorite girls")



The "young" ladies. ;-)



Ah...I wish I could post every single picture my brother took! The bridal shower was so much fun - and so needed after the hectic week that my sister had. 

I couldn't be more grateful for this group of women.

Thank you for allowing me to share with you. ;-)

44 days (August 2nd).

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

Love,
Gabby

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!