Monday, June 9, 2014

Babysitting

Should we get a pizza? Should we get a movie? Should we take them somewhere? What about the baby?

WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?!

You know, typical questions of first-time [official] babysitters. ;-)

Greg and I were asked by his sister and her husband if we could watch their children that night. Well, I am glad to report everything went better than planned (or hoped). 

Going to the park is always a good idea.







The baby had to be in bed by 8 PM. I placed him in the crib and allowed him to get himself to sleep. Well, that didn't work out. He wanted to laugh and play (I could hear his giggles on the baby monitor)! I had to get him out of the crib and rock him to sleep. Rocking chairs are great, let me tell ya. And having a sleeping baby in your arms is the best!

We allowed the older ones to stay up until 9 PM watching Ice-Age. After that, I read a short story to our niece. When I finished I told her to count sheep to help her sleep (the girls in the story counted sheep to go to sleep). "One sheep, two sheep, three sheep...", I heard her whisper as I exited her room.

We were exhausted by the end of the night, but it was a very blessed one! 

M, B and N - 1.
Greg and Gabby - 0.

;-)

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord..." Psalms 127:3

Love,
Gabby

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!