Sunday, May 11, 2014

My sister fell in love

That sounds quite odd, since she is engaged. Right?

Imagine this. The wedding day. The bride. She is soon to be married to the man who swept her off her feet. Her laughter can be heard across the room. She feels confident. Her joyous countenance could light up a room. She is so passionately in love and you can see it.

She is RADIANT.

----------

I spoke to my sister on the phone and she told me bits and pieces about Guatemala. She talked, and talked, and talked. She told me about the children. About the need of not just Guatemala, but of the world. She told me about the ministry. About how Jesus was challenging her. About her faith. She laughed.



I couldn't help but smile at how our Savior is slowly sweeping her off her feet. She sounded like a girl in love for the first time. I couldn't see her, but I felt her inner glow shining through.

I think she fell in love with Love Himself.

----------

Is it possible to be like this all.day.long? Am I willing to be His radiant, gentle light, regardless of my circumstance? Am I reflecting the One as I interact with others? Am I as the new bride with her groom who can't wait to spend time with Him? Can others see Who is my true identity? Does my radiant countenance give it away? Am I just dying inside to tell you about my Jesus?

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12

For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light. Ephesians 5:8

Girls, let us bask ourselves in His love today, that others might see Him shine in and through us.

Love,
Gabby


2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely post ... your sister looks so happy! Best wishes to her!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!