Friday, May 2, 2014

Many are Called

For many are called, but few are chosen. Matthew 22:14 (KJV)

When my sister and I were in college, we would talk and dream about becoming Christian missionaries someday.

Within those years, I had the opportunity to serve on a short-term mission to Haiti.



Well...

This Sunday, my sister Diana will be on a flight to serve as a short-term missionary to Guatemala!

Diana, you can't even begin to fathom how happy and excited I am for you. Jesus called you to make Him known, and you are answering. You are chosen. I am so honored to be sister to a girl who is willing to be His hands and feet. Be His tender light and allow Him to use you and your talents to further His kingdom. I pray that you, His servant, helps Him call and love those who haven't heard of Him. I pray even more that, those whom Jesus called, are chosen and believe. I pray that you see Jesus in the people you serve. I pray that they see Jesus in you. It's exciting to see how Jesus draws you to Himself. You and Guatemala are so loved by our Savior.

If you are able to, please keep my sister and her team in your prayers. Remember, we don't have to go out of the country to serve Him. Wherever you are, whomever you encounter...we, Christians, are all missionaries.

Love,
Gabby 


10 comments:

  1. Dear Gabriela,
    I am truly glad to hear that your sister is going there and she would be able to speak people from other there about our lovely Jesus! I will keep praying for this team and your sister Diana!
    God bless you all and stay happy you and all your family!
    Much love,
    Liuba G
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers! Have a happy weekend! And God bless you as well.

      Delete
  2. Oh, how exciting! May the Lord be with Diana while she serves in Guatemala. :)
    I will most certainly keep her and her team in my prayers. <3

    Blessings!
    Cryslyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?!? I kept dreaming about going on a mission after I wrote this post. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. I will definitely be praying for your sister!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! My sister is so lucky to have all these prayers going her way! ;-) have a happy weekend!

      Delete
  4. Many, many prayers for her!! I dreamed of doing mission work when I was a teenager. Now I try to remember what you said at the end of the post, and live the missionary life in my quiet way as a stay-at-home-wife in a little East Coast town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, as wives/mothers, we have very important mission work to do! :-)

      Delete
  5. Will be praying that the Lord blesses your sister's mission trip and blesses her as she ministers to others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much! :-) have an awesome weekend!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!