Friday, May 9, 2014

Down to the river

Last Sunday after church, Greg and I went to "look at houses".

By the way, do you ever do this? When I was a little girl, my dad would always take us for a drive and we would "look" at the houses we passed by, commenting on them, romanticizing about the lives the owners had, etc. Maybe this is why I love doing this.

Back to the purpose of this post. We came across a trail we had never explored before. I immediately asked Greg if we could go pick up our tennis shoes and go for a hike/walk.




In case you are wondering, this is the M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I River.



Yes, I hiked with a skirt on! I was too in a hurry to catch the most beautiful part of the day, so I just switched my flats for my tennis shoes. 




I think I've told you before, but the most exciting part of a hike is finding a little waterfall!



On our way back, lo and behold, I found my dream house. Too bad it wasn't for sale. ;-)

White. A lot of windows (hello, sunlight). White picket fence. Large yard. Porch. A porch swing (can't see it here). Pure loveliness.


There is a huge Catholic community around the area (seminary, Catholic university, etc).


We drove some more, and we found a dam. 







Well, I must go and research more on my new hobby (as if my days are not super busy already). Hint: It involves soil under your fingernails. :-)

Thank you for reading! I hope you have a blessed weekend.

My beloved spake, and said to me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away
Song of Solomon 2:10 (KJV)

Random Bible verse, I know... Maybe someone needs it today. ;-)

Love,
Gabby

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely day for a hike! That waterfall looks so familiar...just like a place my family went hiking once on the Mississippi, but I don't remember the name of the park. Glad you and your husband had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! The day was absolutely stunning. I love that your family also likes to hike (I think I read it in one of your posts, if I am not mistaken)!

      Delete
  2. I live in New Orleans and have family in Wisconsin. A few years ago I was up there and just marveled at how different the Miss. River looked here and there.

    Welcome to the Catholic blog directory. I'd like to invite you to participate in Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival, which is a weekly link-up where Catholic bloggers share their posts with each other. This week's host post is at http://rannthisthat.blogspot.com/2014/05/sunday-snippets-catholic-carnival_10.html It is a great way to meet fellow bloggers and attract new readers to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to do lots of house-looking. Now that I'm married and living in an apartment I have to refrain, though. Every time I see a nice one I WANT it. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. It's so fun, though. Maybe we should refrain as well. Haha ;-)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!