Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Bad day? There is always something to be thankful for. 5.0


Some days are just...you know, one of those. Not a good day, not a bad day, just a...day.

Well, days like these remind me that I am in need of my Savior, and I can't make it on my own. I am thankful for His word.

1. Matthew 11: 28-30, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." This verse breathes relief to my soul!

2. My favorite, Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future..." Can you even wrap your mind around this? He KNOWS. Like, He already made the plans. I feel I have to plan everything...from what my husband and I will eat for dinner, to my patient's care plan for the day. It's exhausting. It's mentally draining. Jeremiah fills me with a peace I can't even describe.

3. 1 Peter 5:7, "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." Who willingly allows us to throw at them all of our problems, anxiety, etc? Only Him! One night, during college, I had a friend text me on how anxious she was because of everything going on in nursing school. I simply sent her a text with this verse. Nothing else. From that moment on, we made it "our" verse.

4. "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything...Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." Consider it pure joy...pure joy. This is difficult! I think about this verse as the Lord's test to Sainthood...the heavenly reward. ;-)

5. I initially wanted to "vent" on a post about how I have been having random good and bad days. How sometimes I can feel on top of the world and depressed on the same day. I recalled that on days like these, Jesus calls me to be thankful, to be content (Philippians 4: 4-13). 

He, my friends, is the ultimate source of light and happiness in the midst of those dreary days.

Thank you for reading my ramblings. :-)

Do you have a verse that helps you get through "those" days?
 
In Christ,
Gabby

10 comments:

  1. I needed to read this :) Thanks for sharing!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad it could be a source of encouragement to you! Thank you for commenting. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful verses! Jeremiah 29:11 is one of my favorites as well.

    That stereo tower is something else! Neat picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I liked that tower. It's on a small town here in MN and the guy makes things out of the most random appliances! It's really neat!

      Delete
  3. Its neat how that Jeremiah verse is one you mentioned...that one has been on mind lately! That picture of you is adorable and crazy cool, never seen anything so unique!?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, right? There is this little town close to where we live and the owner builds things and places them in his huge piece of land. People can visit for free! It's awesome.

      Delete
  4. Worthy post!!!
    My favorite Bible verse: Jeremiah 19:11

    "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's definitely a favorite. It has helped me go through the most dreary days of my life!

      Delete
  5. These are wonderful. I've had several of THOSE days recently and this is just what I needed. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting! I am SO glad it was a blessing to you. :-) <3

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!