Wednesday, April 16, 2014

An Easter tradition / There is [really] always something to be thankful for. 5.0


1. A good, first day at work! It is an honor to serve my babies (and not-so-babies) and their parents.
2. Kind coworkers that patiently orient me to the unit.
3. Time spent with Greg! Enough said.
4. Having the opportunity to watch sunrise every day (for two weeks now) from our home on the 25th floor, with no skyscrapers blocking the view. I stare in awe at His masterpiece!
5. Apartment remodeling.We have almost everything we own stacked in our bedroom and it's a pain. All I can do is be thankful for the mess in my it-has-to-be-perfectly-clean world.
6. Afternoon walks along and across the river with Greg, talking about our faith, the present and the future.
7. Blogger ladies who are so rooted in Jesus Christ. You inspire me and humble me.
8. Dying eggs and making Easter baskets (more like bags) for our nieces and nephews. So fun!
9. Diana coming to visit me (and her fiance) in about two weeks! ;-)
10. Last, but not least, I am thankful for the Cross and His Resurrection! Amazing Love. How can it be? That You my King would die for me? (Amazing Love/You are my King)

Do you dye eggs? My family has always collected and dyed dozens of egg shells (as opposed to the whole eggs). We then wait for them to dry and fill them with confetti (and/or flour) and use tissue paper to cover the hole. Then, on Easter Sunday, we crack these confetti-filled eggs on our heads (you know...sealed tomb of Christ/cracked/ Resurrection/for us).

Well, this year, Greg and I collected dozens of eggs. I tried food coloring to dye the egg shells. I also found out that Greg's family doesn't do this and they had no idea of what I was talking about.

Do you do this? Have you heard of this custom? Do you have an Easter, family tradition? I am curious!

Love,
Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!