Monday, April 7, 2014

A Trip Home (Part 2) & a Prayer Request

On Sunday, my family decided to have a little get-together, just because. Oh...and to celebrate all those April birthdays (my family has a lot of April and November birthdays!).

We called everyone over. Like every.one.







Some of our girlfriends (and their babies) came over. We have been blessed to know each other since Kindergarten! We are practically family.



E was fascinated by the camera. He even took some pictures of his momma!





The April birthday people (one Aunt missing)! 
Gabriel (brother), Diana (sister), Mom, Ms. Celia (grandma's neighbor) and Ilse (cousin).




These two boys were trou-ble! ;-)


Another girlfriend shot because Paty (orange) was late for the previous one. ;-)



On Monday, my sister invited my grandmother out to lunch. She said she wanted nuggets, so off to McD we went!

#selfie
#technicallynotaselfie



I love how my small, country town streets look at nighttime.


And time to go home!



PS. Today is my first day back to work! If you can, please pray that the day (and the next, and the next, and the next...) goes smooth and that God allows me to be His hands and feet as I care for my little patients and their families. Please also pray for my husband and I, as we transition from me being at-home "full-time" to being a homemaker and a nurse. Here is a post I wrote about my personal journey as a pediatric nurse. Anywho, I'll save any further thoughts for a future post! ;-)

Does your family have multiple birthdays in the same month?

To Him be the glory,
Gabby

7 comments:

  1. Great family pictures! And I'm praying for you.

    By the way, I nominated you for a Liebster on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The family get-together looks like a lot of fun! (and it's very neat that you, Gabriela, have a brother named Gabriel!) Will be praying that works goes smoothly for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bethany! It was a lot of fun! And yes, it's pretty neat. We actually have tons of Gabriel's and Gabriela's in my family! Haha...I might have to name one of my children the same so the tradition won't be lost! ;-)

      Delete
    2. That might be a neat idea...actually because my mother has half-siblings, I had 2 aunts with the very same first and middle names and 2 uncles with the same first and middle names....I guess once a good name is found some families stick to it! :)

      Delete
  3. Your grandma is soo cute with the toy from her meal...hope today was a good day for you!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patty! RIGHT? We were laughing because she got a toy with her meal. ;-)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!