Thursday, April 3, 2014

A Trip Home (Part 1)

Last week, Diana (my sister) and I met in Austin, Texas, for a surprise visit to my parents. You should have seen their reactions when they saw us! They were quite surprised.

I was so, so glad to be home. You can physically leave home, but when you are there, it's like you never left. Greg couldn't accompany me on this trip, but he was very happy I was able to visit our family. 

During the weekend, we attended a Confirmation (my dad sponsored a little boy) in a nearby city. The little boy is son to my dad's lifelong, college friend. The Confirmation service was beautiful. The bishop was so nice (and very funny). 









Needless to say, I was very glad that the day was sunny and warm (80s). I already miss it (I say this as I am watching sleet/snow fall here in Minnesota)! 

Can't wait to share more pictures. ;-)

Home is the nicest word there is. - L. Ingalls Wilder

Love,
Gabby

 

4 comments:

  1. You have a lovely family! Enjoyed the pictures and looking forward to more...the 80 degree weather sounds dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bethany! I am dreaming it will come to us soon. Haha!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful family! Looking forward to more pictures! It's almost 80 here right now, praise God. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kalin! It has been a long winter, right? Your comment makes me look forward to the future. It is seriously snowing right at this moment. However, we are to have warmer days this weekend (supposedly). I love winter, but this Texas girl needs some sunshine already! ;-)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!