Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Marzo Goals.


Wow, time is flying by! March (Spanish = Marzo) is already here. How was your February?

Well, as I did for January and February, it's time to set up some goals for the month of March (and beyond).

Here are my goals for February. In some, I would give myself a B+ and in others, a big F.

7) Spend quality time with my husband. = I think we did really good on this one. For most weekends, we tried to set apart a day for just us. As I told Greg, we don't have to go out or spend money to do something fun.

8) Organize my kitchen. = Hm. I kind of organized it...my tupper-ware is! However, we still have a lot of stuff...and my kitchen is so small.

9) Place stuff that needs to be in storage, IN STORAGE. = Okay. This gets a big F. I didn't move a thing into storage. You can still spot a brown box and a blue box in our living room.

10) Be more actively involved at my church. = Could I mention how difficult this is? My church is very large. There are some groups out there, but they mainly target older women, or youth (as in teens), or everyone else but young adults. However, I am planning on going to the Re-discover series in my Archdiocese. I am excited! We shall see.

March. Besides continuing with some of my past goals...

11) Grocery planning and be a better coupon-er. 

So, my sister-in-law is a major couponer. She got me into this. I decided I would at least try it. Maybe I could save us 2 or 3 dollars. So, I grocery planned before our grocery trip, organized our coupons...and saved us $40 for that trip! This past Saturday, we saved $28. Not much, but it's a very exciting start! It takes a lot of dedication.

12) Less worthless time on the computer/phone.

Sometimes, I go into Facebook, Blogger, Instagram, etcetera, way more time than I had originally planned. I am not saying its a bad thing, but it does become addicting (and has a direct effect on quality time with husband/family). I need more discipline in this area.

13) Get my husband and I a physical exam.

We need to make health a priority. As a nurse, I tend to ignore some signs my body gives me, thinking it's nothing. I need to set the example as a healthcare provider.

In other news, a bloggy friend shared some blogging love with me, and I am excited to share that with you in the next post! Also, Lent is right around the corner. This will be the first time that I am going to try my best to make it an intentional Lent. If you do observe it, do you want to share with me what this season means to you?

"...Everything is meaningless. All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return." 
-Ecclesiastes 2:20 

Love,
Gabby

2 comments:

  1. I hear you on the kitchen! Our kitchen is crazy small and the cupboard space is even more restricted. Currently we're using the spare bedroom closet as a pantry. lol. It's a hard situation to work around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Good idea! At the beginning we didn't have too many things and once we got to MN, people began gifting us kitchen stuff. I now wish we had a spare bedroom. Oh well. I can't complain too much. ;-)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!