Monday, February 10, 2014

Of fire trucks and a view of the city.

So, as we were walking home after our stroll in the park, I began taking pictures of the neighborhood, specifically of vintage fire trucks that were parked by our home.









"Do you need a taxi? Are you looking for a taxi?", asked Neil, a hotel employee. 

"Oh, no, we are just taking pictures. Thank you.", I answered. Snap! Snap! 

"Oh ok, well, if you don't have time right now and want to come by later, I can take you two to the top floor and you can have a special view of the city, so you can take more pictures...I know how it is." 

Kindred spirits. 

And so we did. 

Neil, an older man and photographer from New York, took us to the top floor of his hotel. It felt pretty weird - and awesome - passing through those "staff only" areas, having a special "tour". 













Breathtaking, right? You should've seen the entire 360-ish view! 

It's Valentine's Day week (yeah, I just said that)! Do you have something planned with your family, friends or a special someone? I love this day. When we were little, my dad would place little gifts in our backpacks for us to find when we arrived to school. I still have a porcelain heart hanging decoration that he placed in my backpack when I was in grade school. :-)
With an extra amount of Love this week ;-),
Gabby

4 comments:

  1. Wow, wish I could have been there--I love the view of the bridge and the shot of the cathedral(?). It was so special that you were invited to see the view! When we went to visit Lock & Dam #9 quite a few years ago an employee invited us on a tour of how the dam works--it was so interesting!

    The fire trucks are beautiful. Great photography!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss Bethany. ;-) Yes, it is a cathedral and it was definitely special to have had this tour! It's awesome that you had that opportunity!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Right?! Me, too. It helped me love my city a little bit more (I've only been here for a few months, so I am adjusting). ;-)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!