Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sunday Sledding

This past Sunday, Greg and I were invited by his brother and sister-in-law to go sledding!

The last time I went sledding was over two years ago, in these same hills. However, it was dark and I couldn't really see how steep the hills were (dangerous, I know).

I have to confess I was kind of scared this time around. Just a little. Especially because the only people in our group who were sledding were boys and they like to crash with their sleds into each other...and I was right in the middle of them.

I like sledding, though.

Beautiful day!
 

There goes my husband...


and goes...



...and breaks his sled!
(Later, I told him he could use mine, and he ended up breaking it as well! Boys.)






The Boys: Husband, BIL, BIL, nephew, and BIL


Have you ever been sledding? Is there snow where you live? I was hoping for warmer days ahead, but I heard the news today, and the weather forecast person said, "It will soon be time for our residents to tough up, again. The cities will get the coldest air of the season next week." I was like, "WHAT?! I thought we were over that!" Ahhhh! I love winter, don't get me wrong, but the Ice Age kind is too harsh. ;-)

I hope you are having a great week! We have a busy, busy one around here. 

Keep warm!
Love,
Gabby

2 comments:

  1. Living in Idaho, oh yeah there's snow..so I have been sledding. Didn't go this year, but the urge to go to "Cherry Hill" was getting kinda strong. Last time I went there.. my uncle broke his toe, pretty sure my brother had an injury, and I hit a little jump (all the crazies think it a good idea to build up jumps..) which made the sledding tube go out from under me..leaving me with a sore bum. Brutal hill! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! I dislike "jumps" very much. I am kind of scared of sledding, but it is fun once you are going down the hill (with no accidents, hopefully). The boys crashed into my sled this time we went sledding...I guess it was also a brutal hill, like yours. ;-)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!