Thursday, January 2, 2014

January Goals

I feel silly writing this post. I write this not because I reallyyy need for you to read my 2014 goals. I am sure your blog feed is full of posts like this one. I am writing (typing?) this post because I need some sort of accountability (besides my partner in crime - my husband).

To tell you the truth, I am not fond of yearly goals. I tend to forget about them. Except, of course, for the reallyyy important long-term goals in life specific to that year, such as graduating college, getting a job, buying a house, etcetera.

Also, I tend to stress a lot with yearly/long-term goals. Who doesn't? ;-)

Hence, this year I will try my best to have and write reasonable, monthly goals, to keep myself in check. Some will be physical, some others financial. Some will be family goals, and some spiritual. And some, my personal favorite, pleasure/hobby goals.

Ok. January.

1) Prepare healthier meals. Smaller proportions. 

This is a big one for my husband and I. We both love to eat. I, especially, love junk food. Sometimes, Most of the time, we go overboard and eat way more than a healthy, food proportion size. Plus, it doesn't hurt to loose some weight. Don't let me forget I need to make/buy a "recipe book" where I can place all my recipes (currently in a zip-lock bag).

2) Gladly exercise every morning. 

We have actually been exercising almost every day for the past month. I said almost. There have been several days where Greg has to drag me out of bed. Another thing, I have never, ever liked going to the gym. Just ask my sister. I dread it. Therefore, I am usually crabby at this time in the A.M.

3) Get my Minnesota nursing license and apply for a job. 

Why in the world are you not part of the compact states, Minnesota? It's a pain. Good news is, you only take the NCLEX RN once (already did, obviously). End of story.

4) Actively look for a house. 

We looked for a house before we were married. However, it didn't work out too well. We currently live in a one bedroom apartment. As of now, it works. However, we signed a six month lease and our goal is to find a house before the lease ends (soon!). Please pray that God leads us to the house that fits His purposes for us as a family.

5) Organize the white binders and folders where we keep our bills and other important papers. 

I tend to not get rid of documents. Especially the ones I know I don't need. I ask myself, "What if I need this grocery bill one day?". I am exaggerating, but you get the point. Thus, I have so many folders with random papers.

6) Attend Mass at least every Sunday this month...and other spiritual things.

Ah. I can't tell you how difficult it has been to find a parish. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of Catholic churches here in Minnesota. However, I want the church to be just like the one I attended in Texas. I know I shouldn't be selfish. It's difficult finding a church that you feel you can serve and build community with. It's also difficult because it has been less than a year that I began to attend the Catholic church [once again]. I never "stopped believing". I truly believe God wanted for me to attend a non-denominational church at the time. Now, for more personal reasons, I was led to "come back". I want to explore and learn more about the Catholic faith this year. I don't want to be a passive Catholic - I want my heart to be set on fire for Him.

In other news, I really like Pope Francis. I love his vision for the church.

----------

I hope you liked reading about them. I'll try to post on how and if I accomplished them! ;-)

Did you make a list of goals for 2014? Are you good at keeping them throughout the year? Regardless of this, trust that our Savior knows exactly what we need. He already knows what will happen - and not happen - for us this year! I pray that we accept His will, come what may. How He loves us!

I hope your year is full of His goodness, grace and love!

"'For I know the plans I have for you', declares the Lord..." Jeremiah 29:11

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3: 22-23

Love,
Gabby

1 comment:

  1. That's great you want to grow more in your Catholic faith! Sometimes a period of 'being away' can actually make one stronger...though I never "left" when I was younger, I was lukewarm and didn't realize all the beautiful treasures of our faith! If you're looking for any good books on particular topics let me know, I love to read good books on the faith:)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!