Wednesday, January 29, 2014

F-e-b-r-u-a-r-y. Fe-bru-a-ry. February Goals.

When I was a little girl, I always had trouble spelling February, Wednesday and Kindergarten. So, every time I have to write/type these words, I have to mentally spell them out. I'll blame it on English being my second language. :-) No, I can't use that excuse. I've been learning English since Pre-K.

Moving on.

Remember that time I made a post on my January Goals? Let's see...

1) Prepare healthier meals. Smaller proportions. = Well, I think I did good on this one. I am eating healthier, prepared at home and in smaller proportions. I tried giving Greg smaller proportions, but he said boys have a different metabolism and need more food. Excuses. ;-)

2) Gladly exercise every morning. = Ok, so I haven't been exercising every morning. However, I have been exercising every morning or evenings! AND I've been semi-gladly going to the gym. Yay! This month was full of family things, birthdays, dentist appointments, etcetera, that took up most of our time in the mornings.

3) Get my Minnesota nursing license and apply for a job. = I applied for my Minnesota nursing license! I hope I receive it soon, so I can start applying to jobs. I don't want to be selfish, but I really, really want to work with babies, children and teenagers. Please pray that an opportunity comes up where I can continue my vocation as a Pediatric RN.

4) Actively look for a house. = Ok. So, we have decided that it is in our best interest to stay where we are now and search for a house later.

5) Organize the white binders and folders where we keep our bills and other important papers. = I am so proud of myself on this one. I have a "Home Management" Binder for bills, a "Love Notes" binder where I keep cards, notes from friends and family, a "Healthcare/Insurance" folder, a "Vehicles" folder, an "Apartment" folder, etcetera. So many of them! And I have an agenda!

6) Attend Mass at least every Sunday this month and other spiritual things. = We did go to Mass every Sunday of the month. I am falling more and more in love with the church we go to. Also, I have read a book on basic Christian beliefs and right now, I am finishing reading a lovely book - whose author I follow - about a Catholic girl named Grace. When I finish this one, I am planning on reading another book on Catholicism that was suggested by a new bloggy friend (Thank you, P!). So many books, so little time! ;-)

Iceskating with my sister.

Ok. F-e-b-r-u-a-r-y.

Besides continuing with my January Goals, here are three I would like to add:

7) Spend quality time with my husband. 

Without getting too personal, this morning, Greg said, "You know? I was thinking. I want to spend more time with you. Quality time. We have been so busy that we haven't had time for us." Yes, I agree.

8) Organize my kitchen.

Y'all. There is seriously no space left in my kitchen. We received a Kitchen-Aid from my sister, a set of plates and bowls from in-laws, a microwave from my sister's fiance, baking dishes from more in-laws and a ton of other little stuff. When we cook and make a mess, the kitchen seems like it is about to explode! No complaining here. ;-)

9) Place stuff that needs to be in storage, IN STORAGE. 

We have been procrastinating, but now that we are staying a longer time at our current home, I need to put away some boxes and other stuff we don't really use here.

10) Be more actively involved at my church. 

I want to be part of a group! I found young, married couples' groups, but they are all at times that my husband works. Maybe a ladies group? I would also like to be involved, somehow, with youth/young adults ministry. When my sister and I were younger, we were very involved with children and pre-teen girls' groups (from cheerleading to ministry), and I would like to continue that!

Ok, so there they are.

Do you have any BIG plans for February? I would love to know! Ah, Valentines Day is coming up! WHAT?! 

Wishing you a happy, happy day (or night - if it is night for you)!

Love,
An Open Book (haha...but seriously)
(a.k.a. Gabby)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Gabby, that is awesome!!! Let me know what ya think of the book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the goal setting, been thinking about how to implement it in my life for a while... :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!