Wednesday, December 18, 2013

One Year: Gathering in His Name

Source

My blog turns ONE today!

I remember telling my sister I wanted to create a blog. I thought about it for a long, long time. And then, BOOM! A YEAR. I've been on this blogging journey for an entire year!

This blog has blessed and challenged me in more ways than I could imagine. One of the things I love most about blogging is the ability to read through older posts and see the hand of God, fully in control of my life.
Sometimes, I must confess, I wonder why I even continue blogging. Then, I remember why I started blogging.

To document and capture life.
To build friendships - even one.
To know your story.
To become a better writer/thinker (I have no desire to write a book - I just love to write).
In some way, to find out who I am and who I am becoming - intentional living.
To explore my Christian denomination and challenge/strengthen my beliefs. Does this make sense? Probably not.
To encourage each other in Christ.
To spread the Gospel (after all, we are all missionaries, one way or another).

The list goes on.

I am thankful for the long-distance friendships I have gained through this blog. It is so neat to see how God is working in your life! I have been so encouraged. I am also thankful for the texts/calls I receive from friends who are not in the blogging world, but yet they read this blog, where they encourage me, tell me I've encouraged them or they simply tell me it's great to get to "know" me better.

I am looking forward to many more years, building community, with you.

He is so faithful.

Why, then, do I set before You an ordered account of so many things? It's certainly not through me that You know them. But I'm stirring up love for You in myself and in those who read this so that we may all say, great is the Lord and highly worthy to be praised. I tell my story for love of Your love. - Augustine of Hippo, Confessions

Under Grace,
For His Glory,
Gabby

10 comments:

  1. Happy blog anniversary!!! I love St. Augustine's Confessions, such a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! And congratulations to you, newlywed. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary! A year is a sweet accomplishment.
    May the Lord continue to stir the gifts He has given you and cause this blog to be a great blessing to many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Raquel! Your blog was one of the first ones I came across a long time ago, before I even had a blog, and has continued to be a blessing.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, Faith! :-D I've read the part of the novel you blogged. It's great!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you, Kalin! I enjoy your blog so much! :-D

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!