Friday, December 6, 2013

Living an intentional prayer [request] life

"I'll pray for you"

"How can I pray for you?"

I admit I have heard and said these words. God knows I sometimes fail at remembering to do it and, therefore, failing to pray for whom I made this promise.

That being said, I want to be more intentional in my prayer [request] life. Some days, I genuinely try to have a quiet time in prayer for the intentions of others. Some other days...well.

I have to stop making excuses.

"He Shall Hear My Voice" by M. Dudash
When I was in college, I was part of a community church group that gathered on Thursdays. When our time was almost up, we went around in a circle and asked if anyone had any prayer requests. I would usually write them down in a little notebook that my sister gave me and pray for these intentions throughout the week. It was awesome to go back through these prayer requests and see how God, in some way, had answered. Talk about the power of prayer!

Sometimes (not all the time, sadly), when I tell someone I will pray for them, I write the intention on that same little notebook. I do the same for people in my blogging community or my friends on Facebook (even if they don't mention they are in need of prayer).

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective." James 5: 16

I now have a question for you.

What measures do you take to remain intentional in prayer? Do you have any prayer requests (you can email me if that makes you feel more comfortable)?

(These past few days, I have had some time to think. I want to live [more] intentionally. On my marriage, the friendships that I have, my blog, my extended family, etc. My prayer life was a "biggie". Thus, the random post!) 


I am so thankful for you.
Love,
Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!