Monday, December 23, 2013

December and All Things Christmas Time

Merry Christmas to all!

Greg and I held a "Cookies & Milk" Christmas party yesterday. We celebrated Christmas a little earlier with his parents, sisters, brothers, nieces and nephews. I discovered that if I leave the cookies in the oven just one more minute than the recommended time, the cookies will be very crunchy. Thankfully it was my last batch! ;-) Unfortunately (or fortunately?), no pictures were taken (well, I think I took two with my phone), as we were busy eating cookies, drinking milk, opening presents. The party eventually turned into an indoor pool party! Random, I know.

Greg and I are heading to my parents' house for Christmas (Mexico)! As a Christmas Eve tradition, we gather at my Aunt Becky's house and Christmas Day, we gather at my house. My mom already told me about all the mouth-watering food she is making. She always makes the same meal every Christmas. My grandmother makes a delicious cake that is only to be eaten on Christmas Day. I'll be writing the recipe this year! Speaking of going to my parent's house, it's going to feel weird "visiting" as a couple, as opposed to Greg being the visitor. It's also kind of a weird feeling knowing that the family is growing/changing - eventually making new traditions. A good, weird feeling, nonetheless.

Anywho, here are some pictures of December randomness - most of them taken with my phone.

Hot cholocate goodness. Yum!



I tried using my creative side to make a bag. It was decent. 
The paper was upside down, though. Oops! ;-) 


Building a fort.
We put a bunch of baby animals to sleep.
I was a mother of 10!


Iceskating.




Isn't he a cutie?



Apron my mom made for me.
(She made a ton of aprons for the ladies who went to my bridal shower)


One of the two pictures of the "Cookies & Milk" party.
I am thinking this could be a good, new tradition for our family.


Our first Nativity set - purchased for $1!
We will probably invest in another one once we have a house, but this little, wooden one is perfect. Especially for Christmas storytelling in the future.


Greg and I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas!

Do you have any traditions?

"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11 

Love,
Gabby

2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea, never heard of the cookies n' milk party!!
    Wishing you you and your husband a very merry first married Christmas together! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either! It all began because I told Greg we should have a get-together prior to Christmas, since we weren't going to be here. We didn't want to have a grand dinner, since it was probably going to be on a Sunday and there are a lot of children (plus, our home is really small). So, I told him we should have a cookies and milk party. I googled it, to see if that kind of party existed, and of course it did! :-D Merry Christmas to you, too!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!