Saturday, October 19, 2013

His way is perfect.

As for God, his way is perfect:
The Lord's word is flawless;
he shields all who take refuge in him.
Psalm 18:30

When I was young, I dreamt of getting married, living in my hometown with my husband and children, having my parents and his parents only five minutes away, having a job from 8am-4pm (while my children were at school), having my brothers and sister and their families in the same town, celebrating holidays and birthdays together, dinner on Friday nights with all of them...the same type of family that my parents, grandparents and great-grandparents built.

God definitely has other plans for me.

The way has been difficult. I haven't slept much, I've laughed much, and I've cried much.

In a week, after the wedding and the honeymoon, we will say good-bye to my family and friends and we will fly directly to his hometown, our new home. 

Good, better, different, sometimes-I-don't-understand-why, perfect plans. 

Filled with His goodness,
Gabby


2 comments:

  1. 5 days!!!!!! love youuu!!- diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so familiar. I grew up in California with all my dad's family right there with us. Suddenly it was off to the other side of the country with only my husband to keep my company. But what GOOD company. And as the months have passed, I've grown closer to his family and come to think of this as more of my home. I still feel twinges sometimes, but... yes, God is good. ♥

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!