Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Hiking: Stillhouse Hollow Lake

On a lighter note (see my last post)... :-)

Last Monday, my sister, Diana, and I had the day off work, so we headed to Stillhouse Hollow Lake, located by a town called Belton, TX, for a "hike".

It was hot. However, the skies were blue, there was a slight (but, hot) breeze, huge clouds, there was absolutely no one around, so we had the entire park to ourselves. At the end of our hike, it started raining. The Lord had mercy on this crazy, Texas weather. Nothing to complain about, here.







It's always nice during a hike, when you "discover" water in the middle of nowhere.



My sister, lover of all things water (except fish), just had to pull her pants up and go into the water, of course.


I see you.





After about half an hour of walking/hiking, we decided this place was...beautifully creepy. Maybe because we were there by ourselves, or maybe because the trail was confusing...random dead-ends, no signs anywhere, and the place looked very old and definitely needs mainteneance. However, we had a really good sister time!



We headed towards where the lake actually was.






Isn't she lovely?



After the lake, we headed home and made a delicious chicken fajita meal!

I am so grateful for these moments that I spend with my sister.

Last but not least, an Instagram pic I stole, err, borrowed from my sister.


I haven't given into Instagram, yet, but I like looking through hers'. You can't have it all, right?

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Psalm 19:1

Love,
Gabby

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! You girls are SOOO pretty! God bless! ♥

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!