Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Real Comfort.




















Corn kernels in a mason jar. On top of the stove. 
Home-made popcorn. Made by Dad. 
Doll collection. Belongs to my Mom. We spent an entire year collecting them. Years ago, a Sunday out of the month, we would go to Walmart, and try to "catch" it on the crane machine. They each represent a month of the year.
Bed post. When my sister and I were at home, we would spend hours trying to clean these bed posts and made sure there was not even a speck of dust (we had an inspector, aka. Mom)!
Nena. She is our dog. Isn't she cute? 
Garden. It's expanding! 
Bicycle. I used it all through college. I rode it to and from class! One time, someone stole my white basket. About a week, or so, later, I found it placed neatly on the seat of the bicycle.
Numbers. Bien- = Good; Well. -venidos = those who come. Welcome! 
Peek. Dusty road. 
Doors. To the front of the house. 
Lavender room. Guess who? I sleep on that side. 
Window. In my room. When we were little, my sister and I would wake up to our, then teenage neighbor singing to Selena songs! For every Mother's Day, my sister and I would secretly and excitedly stay awake past our bedtime, because we just knew our Dad would send Mariachi (Mexican folk musicians) to serenade for my Mom. When we heard the footsteps, Diana and I would giggle under our sheets, waiting for the music to begin, dreaming of the one day our husbands would do that for us.     


"Ah! There is nothing like staying at home, for real comfort." 
(Emma) Jane Austen

Love, 
Gabby

2 comments:

  1. Super cute post! LOVE LOVE LOVE Jane Austen. :D

    God bless!
    ♥ Aspirer
    www.heavenly-aspirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! And thanks for visiting ;-) Jane Austen is one of my favorites. Your blog is so neat!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!