Thursday, July 18, 2013

One hundred days-to-go!

We've reached the one hundred days-to-go mark! This is a big deal, people.

Only one hundred days until our Christian/Church wedding ceremony! After that, God willing, we will finally "settle" into place we will call home.

I'am excited I will be able to share every bit of my life with Greg. I'am excited we will be able to say good-bye to this long-distance. Long-distance relationships are so difficult. Cliche, maybe, but it's true.

My rings. Simple, classic, timeless. 
The long phone calls before/after work.
The texting random bits of our day every hour of the day (almost).
Different schedules.
Trying to understand what each other is feeling via phone.
Crying over the phone after a "bad" situation/day.
Learing how to communicate. Not seeing someone's reaction face is tricky.
Missing birthdays, holidays, etc.
Skype (Thank you!).
Dinner dates via Skype.
Not being able to have a peaceful, Friday night, watching a movie.
Reading a book together via phone/Skype.
Building trust.
Scheduling flights.
Trying to look for good deals on flights and paying for them.
AIRPORTS (I will not see you as often, second-home). Security, I won't miss you.
Time off work to visit each other's family (mine lives in Mexico).
Driving from Minnesota to Texas and back.
Planning two weddings (civil/church).
Commitment!

Ah, I've learned so much about Greg and about myself in an entirely different level.

So thankful for this opportunity!

One chunk of Bible verses that has encouraged me and has kept me in check throughout this walk is:

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails...And now these three things remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8; 13

More than once, I've had to think about it and remind myself of this truth.

Tomorrow, we reach the double-digits mark. ;-)

Love, 
Gabby 

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!