Friday, July 5, 2013

Heaven Song

Captured this view on a flight from Texas to Minnesota

You wrote a letter and You signed your name
I read every word read it page by page
You said that You'd be coming
Coming for me soon
Oh my God I'll be ready for You

I want to run on greener pastures
I want to dance on higher hills
I want to drink from sweeter waters
In the misty morning chills
And my soul is getting restless
For the place where I belong
I can't wait to join the angels and sing my heaven song

I hear your voice and I catch my breath
"Well done my child, enter in and rest"
As tears of joy run down my cheeks
It's beautiful beyond my wildest dreams

I want to run on greener pastures
I want to dance on higher hills
I want to drink from sweeter waters
In the misty morning chills
And my soul is getting restless
For the place where I belong
I can't wait to join the angels and sing my heaven song 

Heaven Song - Phil Wickham
----------

Aren't you just getting restless to go to heaven?
Can you imagine just standing/kneeling in awe before His presence?

----------

You know, my eagerness for heaven is daily growing. It has not been easy. Why? Because I am selfish. I want to stay here on earth. I love my life so much. I can't imagine not being here. I can't imagine life without him or her. I could cry at the thought of it. I want to go to heaven, but death scares me.

And I told Him. I told Him how scared I was. I confessed I desired earthly things more than heavenly things. I asked Him to give me a love and desire for heaven.

I encourage you to tell Him. Confess it to Him if you struggle like I do. Because that place is where we belong.

Eternal Joy.

I can't wait!

"But our citizenship is in heaven..." Philippians 3:20

Not Home yet, 
Gabby

2 comments:

  1. I loveeeeee heaven song! I love what you said at the end! I struggle with a fear of death too. But i can't wait for heaven! I think i shall take your advice and confess to him!

    thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it awesome? I just came across it a few days ago! :-) Thanks for commenting, Hannah, and I am glad it encouraged you! PS. Is your middle name Justina? I just love it!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!