Monday, June 17, 2013

Friends

Top L to R: Lucero, Jimena, Diana (my sister), me, Grisyan and Paty
Bottom L to R: America and Yoly

I noticed that in my short blogger life, I've mainly talked about Greg and my family. However, I would also like for you to know about some of the most important girls in my life (some are missing!). We recently met at a nearby city and had a blast spending the weekend together!

I met most of the girls when I was really really young. However, it wasn't until we were older (like highschool-old) that we became really good friends.

I met Lucero in our really strict Christian school. She and my sister were in the same class and then we found out we lived approximately two blocks from each other! We grew up together and I have so many memories of her. She is now a mommy to a gorgeous little boy.

As for Jimena, I met her at one of Paty's birthday parties. Actually, at one of those parties, Jimena's hair was so messy that her mother placed Sprite on her hair (like hair gel) and there were flies flying around her head from that point on. Don't tell her I told you that! Have I told you that she sings beautifully and is going for her Master's Degree in some sort of music? ;-) "Estas son las mananitas que cantaba el Rey David..." (inside joke).

I met Grisyan because our families used (still do) hang out together along with some other families. She confessed not too long ago that she didn't like my sister and I when she met us. ;-) We ended up going to the same school from 9th-11th grade and we would ride together along with Paty. Together, we were the "Nitro" buddies.

Paty...She has been like a little sister to me. I met her because her family invited my family to her birthday parties. She always had big birthday parties! When we were older, we ended up in the same school and we found out that she and my sister were born on the same day, same year. Instant bond! My sister and I went through some pretty rough times with her that made our bond even closer. Paty, my sister and I also went to Europe together! She is now a mommy to a blue/gray eyed boy and a beautiful little girl!

As for Yoly, she and I met at a birthday party at her grandmother's house! I can clearly remember that birthday party. We also ended up going to the same school (from 9th-11th grade) where we became the best of friends. She was always the planner, leader and defender of the group (still is). She is now an event/wedding planner!

America. Golly, we met at school, too. We had the same lunch hour and sat at the same table. Also, she happened to go to a Catholic school with Jimena, Paty, Yoly and Grisyan prior to our 9th grade year. We both graduated as Juniors and went off to a huge university in a huge city. She was my rock and support those first semesters of college. We also became college roommates!...And I happen to be her confirmation godmother/sponsor. She calls me "Godmother". ;-) She now works in Miami, FL!

And, last but not least, my sister. THE absolute most important girl in my life. I love her to death. Y'all know her.

We all live in different cities, now, and have completely different lives, yet our friendship remains the same (maybe a little more mature).

I am so blessed to call them my friends.

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." Colossians 3: 12-14

Wishing you a great week,
Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!