Monday, May 13, 2013

Keith + Diana : A Proposal.

On April 25th, 2013, a boy asked a girl to be his wife. 

She said, "What are you doing here???!!! YES!!!".

----------

My sister's boyfriend came to visit her from Minnesota (yes, he also happens to be from Minnesota and he happens to be my husband's best friend!). 

One night, my sister had to go to work (she is also a nurse). In the meantime, he had gone to visit his family in Texas and run some errands. When he arrived to the apartment, he told me he was about to propose to my sister and he was leaving in twenty minutes. 

TWENTY. 

He was so nice and allowed me to go to capture it all. I quickly got ready and went to the hospital. 

I was so nervous for my sister. She was about to be engaged to the man she loved and she didn't have a clue! 

He was a nervous wreck, too! ;-)

When we arrived at the hospital, Keith, my sister's then boyfriend, asked an EMT if he would allow him to propose to his girlfriend, who was a nurse in the hospital, in the back of his ambulance. The ambulance was parked and there were no patients in it, nor did he have any calls to pick up any patients, so he kindly allowed Keith.  

Waiting inside the ambulance.


One of my sister's coworkers (who knew all about the plan) told my sister she was quickly needed outside by the ambulance area (or something to that matter).

My sister ran outside. 

Opened the ambulance door.


 And...






The ring Keith gave to my sister belonged to his Italian great-grandmother! It has quite the story. 



I am so happy and grateful my sister found her life-long friend! Her Mr. Darcy. ;-)

Sometimes, I can't believe my little sister, my best friend, my backbone, my almost-twin, will be a married woman! 

So many changes will take place in the next few months. I am still soaking it all in.

Diana - I love you, unconditionally. I can't wait to see what God has in store for you! I know you will be a great wife and mother, someday. Can we be neighbors? ;-)

Keith - Take care of our girl. 

God has been so good. So perfect. 

"Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you." Psalm 63:3

A very happy sister, 
Gabby

4 comments:

  1. Awww... this is so sweet! :-)

    So are you both going to live in MN eventually?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it seems like I am (most likely) because jobs (for my husband) are scarce in Texas. :-( I don't want to move because of my family, but I am happy to be part of another one in MN (I think in most cases it is more difficult for the girl to leave her family)! ANDDD I am happy I will have one friend (you). haha! As for my sister, I hope so! I already asked if she would accept me as her neighbor. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay!! Yes, I'm sure it will be an adjustment, but a joyous time as well. And yes!! It would be lovely to meet you in person! :D What church does your husband go to (if you don't mind me asking!)?

      Delete
    2. Of course I don't mind! He goes to the Church of Saint Bernard in St. Paul! ;-)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!