Monday, April 15, 2013

He delights in you!

About two years ago, I attended a series of talks called "Conversations about Dating, Sex and Relationships" held at my college and the speaker gave me a hand-out that I still keep. It continues to be a source of encouragement every time I read it. I hope it encourages you! 


"...he rescued me because he delighted in me." Ps. 18:19. 

And you thought he saved you because of your decency. You thought he saved you because of your good works or good attitude or good looks. Sorry. If that were the case, your salvation would be lost when your voice went south or your works got weak. There are many reasons God saves you: to bring glory to himself, to appease his justice, to demonstrate his sovereignty. 

But one of the sweetest reasons God saved you is because he is fond of you. He likes having you around. He thinks you are the best thing to come down the pike in quite awhile. "...as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you." Isa. 62:5.

If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it. If He had a wallet, your photo would be in it. He sends you flowers every spring and a sunrise every morning. Whenever you want to talk, He'll listen. He can live anywhere in the universe, and He chose your heart. Face it, friend. He is crazy about you (Max Lucado).

----------

He is completely, utterly, unconditionally in love with you! Do you know this? Let it sink in your heart. 

It just gives me the chills. 

Love, 
Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!