Monday, March 25, 2013

Our Civil Ceremony: Mr. & Mrs. VanCura (Part 1)

Saturday was a beautiful day. As I told a friend, I was so overwhelmed by the love that was in the room.

The actual civil ceremony took place at my husband's (ah, I can't believe I am typing the word husband) home parish in St. Paul, MN. The priest said he could marry us because he was allowed by the state to act as an officiator (it was confusing to some people, but the priest made it clear that it was not the Christian wedding ceremony). It was a blessing, since I wanted our civil ceremony to be Christ-centered.

His family and most of his extended family joined us, as well as my parents, sister, brother and grandmother. Family friends also joined us as well as my mother's cousin and her family who live in Rochester, MN!

Here are some pictures from my camera, courtesy of my brother Gabriel.

Here we go!



My parents are really cute. 


Ceremony


Seeing each other "for the first time".


"We are about to get married!" We were so nervous. 


We were waiting while the priest explained what was about to take place.


Standing in front with our witnesses: Diana (my sister) and Chad (his brother)


Greg saying his vows. 


Ok. Let's be serious. ;-) When we saw this picture we said that his brother must have been thinking, "Oh brother, what have you gotten yourself into?" ;-)


My parents during the vows.


Saying my vows.


Ok, let's try to be serious...again. ;-)


Prayer over the rings.




Witnesses.




And now: our faces when the priest announced that we were officially...

Mr. and Mrs. Gregory VanCura!






I love you, best friend. I am so grateful for the godly man God designed for me. 

Thank you, Gracias, family and friends. Thank you for the love you have shown us!

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." Ecclesiastes 2:20
Much Love, 
Gabby

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Mrs. VanCura!!! You are beautiful! :-)

    Are you living in MN now? :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!